A very spiritual excursion to the monastery of St. Catherine from the resort of Sharm El-Sheikh! We recommend the trip because it allows you visiting one of the most impressive sights of the Sinai Peninsula! Also, for visit to the monastery gives you more spiritual refreshments, information about the history of Christianity in Egypt.
The main points of the excursion program in the monastery of St. Catherine
- Visiting the Monastery of St. Catherine in the Sinai Peninsula
The excursion program to the Monastery of St. Catherine from Sharm El-Sheikh
- You are picked up from the hotel at approximately 06:00 am
- After picking up everyone, the bus leaves in the direction of the monastery of St. Catherine driving along the coastal cities of Dahab, and Nuweiba. All these cities can be found north of Sharm El Sheikh, on the eastern coast of the Red Sea. The way, from the center of Sharm El Sheikh to the monastery, takes approximately 3 hours.
The program in the Monastery of St. Catherine
- The trip begins with a visit to the monastery of St. Catherine, as the bus arrives at the place. Your guide will have a task to show all the main shrines of the monastery, and gives free time to take photos.
- In the monastery, you will see the relics of St. Catherine, the bush of the Burning Bush, the cemetery and the crypt under the chapel of St. Trifonab, the oldest mosaics, icons and the famous Sinai library
- After visiting the Monastery of St. Catherine at the foot of Prophet Moses’ mountain, you will be heading to another city _ Dahab
The program in the resort of Dahab
- The excursion continues in Dahab resort. The first stop, there, will be in the restaurant. It offers an open buffet
- Then, you go shopping
- After the end of the program, the bus goes back to Sharm El Sheikh.
What is included in the tour price
- Transfer to the monastery, and back to your hotel
What is not included in the price of the trip
- Additional excursion programs
What to take with you for the trip
- Breakfast box
- Clothes for the season
Days of excursion organization
- Daily from 06:00 – 16:00