A very spiritual excursion for climbing the mountain of the Prophet Moses mountain, and visiting the monastery of St. Catherine from the resort of Sharm El-Sheikh! We recommend the trip because it allows you seeing one of the most impressive sights of the Sinai Peninsula! Obviously, the trip recalls the path of the Prophet Moses from the Delta Nile to the Sinai Peninsula! It is doubtless, that visiting the monastery of St. Catherine gives you more spiritual power, and information about the history of Christianity in Egypt.
The main points of the excursion program to the mountain of Moses
- Climbing the mountain of Prophet Moses
- Visiting the Monastery of St. Catherine in the Sinai Peninsula
The program of the excursion to the mountain of Moses from Sharm El Sheikh
- You are picked up from the hotel at approximately 20:00
- After picking up everyone, the bus leaves in the direction of the monastery of St. Catherine driving along the coastal cities of Dahab, and Nuweiba. All these cities can be found north of Sharm El Sheikh, on the eastern coast of the Red Sea. The way, from the center of Sharm El Sheikh to the monastery, takes approximately 3 hours.
The program on the mountain of Moses
- As you arrive at the monastery of St. Catherine, you begin to climb the mountain of Moses with your guide
- On the way to the top of the mountain, you make a pause twice or more.
- As you reach the top of the mountain of Moses, you will need to wait for the dawn of the sun. During the dawn, the sun rises wonderfully in front of your eyes. After such a panoramic view of the Sinai mountains, you begin to descend to the monastery of St. Catherine
- After that, you will have breakfast
The program in the Monastery of St. Catherine
- After breakfast, the program starts with a visit to the monastery of St. Catherine. Your guide will have a task to show all the main shrines of the monastery, and gives free time to take photos.
- In the monastery, you will see the relics of St. Catherine, the bush of the Burning Bush, the cemetery and the crypt under the chapel of St. Trifonab, the oldest mosaics, icons and the famous Sinai library
- After visiting the Monastery of St. Catherine at the foot of the mountain of the Prophet Moses, you will be heading back to Sharm El Sheikh
- This “Excursion Climbing Mountain of Moses from Sharm El-Sheikh” ends at approximately 15:00 second day
What is included in the tour price
- Transfer to the monastery, and back to your hotel
What is not included in the price of the tour
- Additional excursion programs
What to take with you for the trip
- Breakfast box
- Clothes for the season
Days of excursion organization
- Daily from 20:00 – 15:00 second day