If you’re looking for an exciting roundtrip by Hurghada from El Gouna, Egypt, the Hurghada City Tour is highly recommended. This fantastic trip allows tourists to discover the different attractions in Hurghada while providing complete information about other areas and attractions. The Hurghada City Tour program is both amusing and informative, making it one of the best sightseeing tours in Hurghada.
This private sightseeing tour is an excellent way to explore the Red Sea resort of Hurghada and discover the city sights away from the beaches. You’ll visit the city’s highest point for panoramic views and explore the old port and shipyard. Hurghada is also home to many shops and shopping malls aimed at visitors.
During the Hurghada City Tour, you’ll have the opportunity to discover the history of this ancient city. You’ll see the oldest part of Hurghada (El Dahar) with its fantastic market and visit the oldest church in Hurghada. You’ll also drive to the new marine mosque, visit the mosque, and walk to the fishing port to see the fish market.
If you need a drink, you can enjoy some free time shopping in Hurghada’s colourful bazaar. Finally, you’ll drive back to your Hurghada hotel.
Overall, the Hurghada City Tour from El Gouna is an excellent way to explore Hurghada’s different attractions, history, and shopping options, making it a must-try for any tourists visiting the area.
Main points of the city tour in Hurghada:
- See the embankments in Hurghada (Marina Boulevard).
- Also, get to the port and know how sailors make yachts and boats.
- Then, we will inspect the largest mosque in Hurghada.
- After that, visit the fruit and fish markets.
- The trip includes a visit to the Orthodox Church.
- Finally, we went shopping in the oil factory and the souvenir hall.
Program of Hurghada City Tour from El Gouna
- Firstly, the Landious Travel tour guide will pick you up from your hotel in El Gouna at approximately 15:00.
- Secondly, the bus will head to the city after picking up all comers. It takes approximately 10 minutes to get there.
Panoramic View of Hurghada
- At the beginning of the city tour, you will get a panoramic overview of Hurghada. It will allow you to enjoy a great panorama of the Red Sea. Consequently, in this place, your guide will give information about the different areas in Hurghada.
- Following this panoramic view of Hurghada, you will drive along Sheraton Street and see the Old City – Sakkala.
- Then, in Sakkala, you will visit the embankments on Marina Boulevard. Marina Boulevard is a fun and lively downtown area with bars, clubs, restaurants, and shops. Seeing the many boats, yachts, and coffee shops was beautiful.
- Afterwards, you will walk to the nearby fish market. It is a local market where fishers sell fish. In this market, you will have the opportunity to meet local anglers. Besides, you will look at the fish they sell to the audience. Historically, it is a part of the oldest seaport in Hurghada.
- After that, you will proceed ahead to the El-Mina Mosque. It is the largest mosque in Hurghada. El-Mina Mosque stands prominently with its two towering minarets.
- Lastly, you will see the old port. It is a shipyard where workers build boats and yachts.
- As soon as your visit to the old city ends, you will head to the modern area of Dahar.
- In Dahar, you will visit the Coptic Orthodox Church named the Church of Saint Mary by then. The Church of Saint Mary is 100 years old. It is the biggest church in Hurghada, where Christians go for prayers.
- Before this fantastic round tour in Hurghada ends, you will visit the oil factory and souvenir hall.
- Finally, we will escort you back to your hotel.
- This Hurghada City Tour from El Gouna ends at approximately 18:00.
What does the City Tour by Hurghada price include?
- Transfer to the city and back to the hotel.
What does the Program of City Tour by Hurghada not include?
- Additional programs if not included in the above program.
Items to take for the city tour
Booking Days of Hurghada City Tour from El Gouna
- Daily from 15:00 – 18:00.
What can You Expect to See during the City Tour by Hurghada?
The Sorgreah Consultants in France designed it, while the ASA consultants in Egypt carried out the project’s overall consultancy services. The Hurghada Marina project is considered one of the most significant and splendid projects in Hurghada, Egypt. Hurghada Marina Boulevard lies on the west coast of the Red Sea with a surface of over 150,000 sq. Meters.
The El Mina Mosque (in Arabic, Masjid El Mina) is one of Hurghada’s most famous mosques and top attractions. It is undoubtedly the biggest and most impressive mosque and building in Hurghada. This mosque opened in 2012 at 8,000 meters for 20 million pounds.
The Saint Shenouda Coptic Orthodox Church is located in the El Dahar area of Hurghada and belongs to the Coptic Orthodox community. The church was built on 1500 m2. It appears to be relatively modest from the outside. However, inside, the architecture is intricate and astounding, featured primarily on the stained-glass windows and the painted ceilings, as well as interesting religious murals and paintings above the altar.
Travellers can find a second church under the main cathedral to accommodate the overflow of worshipers attending on special holy days.
Information about the Hurghada City Tour
Foundation of Hurghada
Hurghada is one of the Al-Bahr Al-Ahmar governorate towns on the Red Sea coast. The Egyptians built the present city of Hurghada in the early 20th century. Until recently, it was a small fishing village with a small population. Since the 19th century, Egyptian and foreign investors have continually enlarged the city.
Therefore, it became the leading coastal resort on the Red Sea. Indeed, the discovery of Oil in this area in 1913 enhanced its rapid development. However, its production and export began in 1921 under British oil magnates.