Cairo Excursion from Hurghada is a day trip to see the attractions of Cairo and Giza from Hurghada, Egypt! We recommend the excursion because it allows tourists to see the most impressive sights constructed in Ancient Egypt. Additionally, it will enable tourists to learn more about the country’s history. Undoubtedly, it is one of the most popular Hurghada tours of the pyramids! The Pyramids are tombs for Ancient Egyptian Pharaohs, their kings and queens. The pharaohs were mummified and buried inside the pyramids with many treasures to ensure the pharaoh had a good life in the afterlife. The pyramids were also built to keep robbers away from the gold and offerings the pharaohs buried with.
Highlights on a Day Trip from Hurghada to Cairo by bus
- Visit the Egyptian Museum in Cairo.
- Lunch at a restaurant.
- Visit the three pyramids in Giza.
- Also, Visit the Great Sphinx in the pyramid complex.
- Admire the Valley Temple of Khafre
Itinerary of Trip from Hurghada to Pyramids
- First, the Landious Travel representative will pick you up from your hotel in Hurghada around 02:00 a.m.
- Secondly, after picking up all comers, the minibus leaves for Cairo. It will pass the cities of Ras Ghareb, Zaafaran, Ain Sokhna, and Suez. All these towns lie to the north of Hurghada, on the coast of the Red Sea. The road from the centre of Hurghada to Cairo takes about 6 hours.
- The Cairo trip from Hurghada heads to Cairo and Giza. It is one of the loveliest tours to the Sphinx!
Schedule in Cairo
- Once you arrive in Cairo, we will show you the Egyptian Museum. Your guide will have a task to show you all these temples and give you free time to take pictures. Find the Egyptian Museum, which includes antiques that date back 5,000 years!
- Following the Egyptian Museum in Cairo visit, you will start a boat trip over the Nile River. The Nile is a crucial river flowing northwards in northeastern Africa, emptying into the Mediterranean Sea. It is the longest river in Africa and has been regarded as the longest river globally throughout history. It is an additional program. Of course, you can book it in advance through us! As soon as the boat ride on the Nile ends, you are heading to another city – Giza.
Agenda in Giza
- Of course, the tour will continue in Giza. The first stop there will be in the restaurant. It offers a buffet.
- Then, the group will head to the pyramid complex, the Fantastic Three Pyramids and the Sphinx. You will also visit the Valley Temple, originally used as a mortuary temple for King Khafre and his family members. The Valley Temple of Khafre is a part of the Pyramids of Giza Complex. The Giza Pyramid Complex is the most popular tourist attraction in Egypt. This Complex is an Ancient Egyptian site located on the Giza Plateau. Widely known, it includes the Great Pyramid of Giza, its associated networks, and the Sphinx of Giza. Also, we call it the Giza Necropolis. The ancient Egyptians built these massive constructions during the Fourth Dynasty of the Old Kingdom of Ancient Egypt. Additionally, the Giza Complex includes several cemeteries and the remains of a workers’ settlement on its territory.
- Once again, your guide will show you these monuments and give you free time to take pictures.
- Finally, our bus will depart after such a program in the beautiful cities of Cairo and Giza.
- This Excursion to Cairo & Giza from Hurghada ends at approximately 22:00.
What Does the Price of the Cairo Tour from Hurghada Include?
- Entrance fees and Tickets for visiting temples.
- Egyptologist tour guide.
- Also, Transfer to Cairo and back to the hotel.
What does not the Program Day trip to Cairo from Hurghada include?
- Additional Excursion programs if not included in the above program.
- Also, drinks in the restaurant are for an extra charge.
Items to take for the day trip from Hurghada to Cairo by bus
- Breakfast box.
- Also, put on suitable clothes for the season.
Booking Days of Cairo Tour Hurghada
- Daily from 02:00 – 22:00.
What is Expected to See during the Hurghada to Cairo day trip?
The Egyptian Museum is the oldest archaeological museum in Egypt and the Middle East. It exhibits an extensive collection from the Predynastic Period to the Greco-Roman Period. In addition, this repository houses the most comprehensive collection of Pharaonic antiquities in the world. This fantastic collection traces 5,000 years of Egyptian history.
The Giza pyramid complex, also known as the Giza necropolis, is a collection of ancient structures located in Egypt. It includes the Great Pyramid, the Pyramid of Khafre, and the Pyramid of Menkaure, their associated complexes and the Great Sphinx. These structures were constructed during the Fourth Dynasty of the Old Kingdom of ancient Egypt, between 2600 and 2500 BC. The Complex also includes various temples, cemeteries, and remnants of a workers’ village.
The Giza pyramid complex lies on the outskirts of the Western Desert, approximately 9 kilometres (5.6 mi) to the west of the Nile River in the city of Giza. It is about 13 kilometres (8 mi) southwest of the city centre of Cairo. This complex forms the northernmost portion of the 16,000-hectare (40,000-acre) Pyramid Fields of Memphis and its Necropolis UNESCO World Heritage Site, inscribed in 1979.
The Pyramid Fields comprise the Abusir, Saqqara, and Dahshur pyramid complexes, constructed near Egypt’s ancient capital, Memphis. Other Old Kingdom pyramid fields were at Abu Rawash, Zawyet El Aryan, and Meidum.
The Great Pyramid and the Pyramid of Khafre are the most giant pyramids ever built in ancient Egypt, and they have been widely used as symbols of Ancient Egypt in the Western imagination. They were trendy during Hellenistic times when Antipater of Sidon listed the Great Pyramid as one of the World’s Seven Wonders. It is also the oldest of the Ancient Wonders and the only one still in existence.
The Pyramid of Khufu stands at a towering height of 138.5 metres. Located in the Giza pyramid complex, this oldest and largest Pyramid has astounded people through the centuries. This marvel constitutes a part of the Seven Wonders of the ancient world.
The Pyramid Of Khafre stands at 448ft with a base length of 706ft. These measurements make the Pyramid the second-tallest and second-largest of the Giza Pyramid complex. This historical monument is also known as the Pyramid of Chephren. It houses the tomb of the Fourth Dynasty Pharaoh Khafre, who ruled between 2558-2532 BC.
Menkaure is the third Pyramid in the Giza Pyramid complex in Greater Cairo, Egypt. Smallest of the three, this beautiful structure rises to 66 metres (218 feet). Menkaure Pyramid houses some of the most stunning sculptures from Ancient Egyptian history despite being short.