It is a spiritual individual trip to the Monastery of Saint Anthony from Hurghada, Egypt! We recommend the trip for it allows tourists to see the oldest Christian sights built during Roman Egypt. Also, the Monastery of Saint Anthony Hurghada program will learn more about the history of the country. ONLINE BOOKING MONASTERY OF SAINT ANTHONY TRIP HURGHADA AND BEST PRICE!
Highlights on Monastery of Saint Anthony Trip
- Visit the Monastery of St. Anthony.
- Besides, visit the Monastery of Saint Paul.
Program of Monasteries of Saints Anthony and Paul Excursion
- Landious Travel picks you up from the hotel, in Hurghada, around 03:00 AM.
- After picking you up, your private vehicle (Limousine, or minibus) leaves for the Monastery of St. Anthony. On your way there, you pass the cities of Ras Ghareb, and Ain Sokhna, and; finally, you arrive at Zaafarana. All these cities are north of Hurghada, on the coast of the Red Sea. The road, from the centre of Hurghada to the Monastery of St. Anthony, takes about 4 hours.
Program in Monastery of St. Anthony
- Once you arrive at the Monastery of Saint Anthony, your guide will accompany you on a tour inside it. The Monastery of Saint Anthony has a huge wall that surrounds it. Inside this huge wall, monks and an abbot live. More than 1,600 years ago the hermit Anthony lived here in a cave on a 680-meter high mountain. Also, there is a staircase with about 1,000 steps that leads you up to this cave. Especially worth seeing in the complex: the alleys, chapels, and the gardens.
- Later, after visiting the Monastery of Saint Anthony in Zaafarana, you will enjoy your lunch.
- Then, you will drive some 40 km back towards the Monastery of Saint Paul. Accordingly, it will take you approximately 40 minutes to get there.
Program in Monastery of St. Paul
- The trip continues in the Monastery of St. Paul. Although this monastery is smaller than the one for Saint Anthony, it has some treasures and big importance, as well. Among these treasures: altars, icons, an old olive press, an old pulley, and a coffin. This coffin has the remains of St. Paul in him.
Departure to Hurghada
- Finally, you depart back to Hurghada after such a program in the sacred Coptic monasteries of Saints Anthony and Paul.
- This Monastery of Saint Anthony Trip from Hurghada ends at approximately 17:00.
What does the Monastery of Saint Anthony Trip Hurghada price include?
- Private air-conditioned vehicle.
- Also, a Private guide.
What does not Monastery of Saint Anthony Hurghada Program include?
- Additional programs if not included in the above program.
- Also, Drinks in the restaurant.
WHAT TO TAKE WITH YOU FOR THE TRIP?
- Breakfast box.
- Also, Clothes for the season.
Monastery of Saint Anthony Trip Hurghada Booking Days
- Daily from 03:00 – 17:00.