A spiritual individual trip to Monastery of Saint Anthony from Hurghada! We recommend the trip for the fact that it allows tourists to see the oldest Christian sights built during Roman Egypt, and learn more about the history of the country.
Main points of individual program to monastery of St. Anthony
- Visit to the Monastery of St. Anthony
- Also, Visit to the Monastery of St. Paul
Program of the excursion to monasteries of St. Anthony and St. Paul
- We pick up from the hotel around 03:00 in the morning
- After picking you up, your private vehicle (Limousine, or minibus) leaves for the Monastery of St. Anthony. In your way there, you pass the cities of Ras Ghareb, and Ain Sokhna, and; finally, you arrive at Zaafarana. All these cities are north of Hurghada, on the coast of the Red Sea. The road, from the center of Hurghada to the Monastery of St. Anthony, takes about 4 hours
Program in Monastery of St. Anthony
- As soon as you arrive at the Monastery of St. Anthony, your guide will accompany you in a tour inside this sacred place. The huge monastery of St. Anthony is surrounded by a huge wall, in which monks and an abbot live. More than 1,600 years ago the hermit Anthony lived here in a cave on a 680 meter high mountain. A staircase with about 1,000 steps leads you up to the cave. Especially worth seeing in the complex: the alleys, chapels and the gardens.
- After visiting the Monastery of St. Anthony in Zaafarana, you can enjoy your lunch.
- Next, you drive back towards the Monastery of St. Paul. It will take you approximately 40 minutes to get there.
Program in Monastery of St. Paul
- The trip continues in the Monastery of St. Paul. Although this monastery is smaller than the one for St. Anthony, some treasures are to be found here: altars, icons, an old olive press, an old pulley and a coffin – which is said to be the remains of St. Paul in him.
- Finally, you depart back to Hurghada after such a program in the sacred Coptic monasteries of St. Anthony and St. Paul.
- This “Trip to Monastery of Saint Anthony from Hurghada” ends at approximately 17:00
What is included in the tour price
- Private air-conditioned vehicle
- Also, Private guide
What is not included in the price of the tour
- Additional programs if not included in the above program
- Also, Drinks in the restaurant
WHAT TO TAKE WITH YOU FOR THE TRIP
- Breakfast box
- Also, Clothes for the season
DAYS OF EXCURSION ORGANIZATION
- Daily from 03:00-17:00