Hamata Diving Trip from Marsa Alam is a great activity you can enjoy! This is the most southerly diving resort in the Egyptian Red Sea. The small town of Hamata takes its name from the Fury Shoal Reef system opposite it. The remoteness of this area, situated 180 km South of Marsa Alam, makes it the ultimate diving site in Egypt.
The legendary Fury Shoal is on Hamata’s doorstep, offering over 35 memorable dive sites. There are over 80 types of coral to discover in this region, all in excellent condition and inhabited by a wide variety of marine species. Divers can expect various marine species, including dolphins, occasionally coming in as close as the resorts house reefs. There is a good chance of enjoying encounters with multiple shark species and large mackerel shoals in the season. Turtles hatch along this coastline, and sightings are common.
Highlights on Hamata Diving Trip from Marsa Alam
- Sea picnic over the Red Sea.
- Diving twice underwater.
- Snorkelling in the open sea from the boat.
- Also, Lunch is on board.
Program of Diving Trip in Hamata
- First, the Landious Travel representative will pick you up from the hotel in Marsa Alam at approximately 07:00 am. Please, note that the pick-up time depends on your hotel location.
- Secondly, the bus will head to the port after picking up all comers. The way to this port takes approximately one hour and half minutes.
- You’ll find your boat in that port. It’s a big and chic one of two floors. As soon as you get into the ship, it will be preferable to take off your footwear. And, then, you can rise freely to the second floor for tanning on the upper sun deck.
- The boat moves on through the Red Sea as soon as the group gathers. You will be on your way to experience two incredible dives in the Red Sea.
Instruction & First Dive
- On the beautiful coral reef sea spot, you will make a stop in the open sea. There, you will be able to go scuba diving. Before starting this activity, our trainers and divers will give you some briefing and accompany you individually underwater. You will enjoy your first dive so much! This dive will last about 15 minutes underwater. You will enjoy watching the coral reefs and countless colourful fish that frolic right in front of your eyes by then.
- Following this dive, the group will gather on the first floor of the boat for Lunch. During lunchtime, the buffet will be open.
- Of course, you will have time to dive in another sea spot—the boat sails to another diving site.
- Once you have finished your interaction, a picture and DVD briefing starts. Before the diving trip starts, the photographer will offer you to take some pictures and a video of yourself. Of course, it will be an excellent chance to memorise these lovely moments. However, he will offer these pictures to you by the end of the trip for an extra charge. The price of it varies according to its size. It will be something optional to have. The DVD briefing will last 10 minutes.
- Finally, as the boat arrives at the port, we will escort you back to your hotel.
- This Diving Excursion in Hamata ends at approximately 16:30.
What does Diving Excursion Hamata Price Include?
- Diving equipment.
- Snorkelling equipment.
- Food & drinks.
- Also, Transfer to the port and back to the hotel.
What does not Diving Excursion Hamata Program include?
- Entrance Fee ( 5 USD per person)
- Video DVD.
- Also, the Photo CD.
What to take with you for the trip?
- Also, Sunscreen.
Booking Days of Hamata Diving Trip from Marsa Alam
- Daily from 08:00 – 17:00.
Services Presented during the Diving Excursion Hamata
- Transport: Landious Travel uses an air-conditioned limousine/minibus to service you. A professional driver will escort you to the port and your hotel.
- Guiding: a professional English tour leader will pick you up from your hotels and accompany you to the port.
- Boat facilities: our boats are new three-floors ones. These boats have a dining salon, water colder, a kitchen, and two toilets. Also, we provide life jackets, snorkelling and diving equipment on the first floor. Meanwhile, the sun-deck floor has comfortable sunbeds and a tent.
- Team and staff: you will have a friendly and professional crew on the boat. Our instructors and trainers will guide you during the trip.
- Food: we offer a decadent onboard lunch in an open buffet.
Information about the Hamata Diving Site
The legendary Fury Shoal is on Hamata’s doorstep, offering over 35 memorable dive sites. There are over 80 types of coral to discover in this region, all in excellent condition and inhabited by a wide variety of marine species.
The house reefs in Hamata enable divers to scuba dive on schedule and maximise their time in the water. There is a fantastic array of hard and soft corals to be appreciated. Night dives are also available on the house reefs and provide an exciting opportunity to watch Spanish dancers, lionfish and lobster.
All the dive sites are within 2 hours of the dive centres, although the majority can be reached within 1 hour of the shore by large, purpose-built day boats. Dive sites this far South offer some of the finest coral in the Red Sea. Over 80 varieties of healthy soft and hard coral have formed over millennia into spectacular coral gardens and pinnacles, supporting a vast array of marine life.
One of the sites, Gota Soraya, is rated as one of the best wall dives in the Red Sea, with enormous caves full of Glass Fish, Sweepers and an abundance of corals. Divers can expect various marine species, including dolphins, occasionally coming in as close as the resorts house reefs. There is a good chance of enjoying encounters with multiple shark species and large mackerel shoals in the season. Turtles hatch along this coastline, and sightings are common.
In the far South, the water temperature during the winter months is significantly higher than that of the Northern Red Sea. This creates a relaxed dive environment year-round. Ultimately, divers come away remembering pristine, uncrowded reefs supporting abundant marine life, including many species rarely found elsewhere.
There are no reviews yet.