We recommend the trip because it will let you see one of the most impressive sights on the Sinai Peninsula – Mount Sinai! Moses Mountain Trip Sharm El Sheikh is a very spiritual excursion for climbing the Prophet Moses mountain from the Sharm El-Sheikh resort, Egypt! Besides, it allows you to visit the glorious Monastery of St. Catherine. The trip recalls the path of the Prophet Moses from the Delta Nile to the Sinai Peninsula. Mainly, it reflects the transformation of Jabal Mousa.
Doubtless, visiting the monastery of St. Catherine gives you more spiritual power. Besides, it provides information about Christianity’s history in Egypt. Indeed, Moses’ Mount Trip from Sharm El Sheikh is worth it!
Highlights on Moses Mountain Trip from Sharm El Sheikh
- Climb the mountain of Prophet Moses.
- Breakfast at the restaurant.
- Also, Visiting the Monastery of St. Catherine in the Sinai Peninsula.
Program of the excursion to the mountain of Moses
- Landious Travel representative will pick you up in an air conditioned vehicle from your hotel, in Sharm El-Sheikh, at approximately 20:00.
- After picking up everyone, the bus leaves for the monastery of St. Catherine, driving along with the coastal cities of Dahab and Nuweiba. All these cities lie north of Sharm El Sheikh, on the eastern coast of the Red Sea. From the centre of Sharm El Sheikh to the monastery, the way takes approximately 3 hours.
Schedule on Moses Mountain
- As you arrive at Mount Sinai, you begin to climb the mountain of Moses with your Bedouin guide. There are two routes up to the top of the mountain. The Steps of Repentance is a steeper route of 3750 steps carved out by monks. These routes meet at a small site named Elijah’s Hollow, or the Seven Elders of Israel. From here, it’s a steep 750 steps to the summit of Mount Sinai.
- You pause twice or more on the way to the top of the mountain. On the sixth day of Sivan 6, some 3,500 years ago, Moses climbed up Mount Sinai. During his 40-day stay on the mountain, according to popular Jewish tradition, God dictated to him the Ten Commandments, the whole Torah, and the Oral Law.
- As you reach the top of the mountain of Moses, you wait for the sun’s dawn. During the morning, the sun rises wonderfully in front of your eyes. With the end of such a panoramic view of the Sinai mountains, you descend to the monastery of St. Catherine.
- After that, you will have breakfast.
Agenda in St. Catherine’s Monastery
- After breakfast, the program starts with a visit to the monastery of St. Catherine. Located at the foot of Mount Sinai, it was built between 548 and 565 and is the oldest continuously-inhabited Christian monastery in the world. The UNESCO world heritage site monastery was built by order of the Byzantine emperor Justinian I, enclosing what is claimed to be the burning bush seen by Moses.
- Accordingly, your guide will have a task to show all the main shrines of the sanctuary. Also, he will give you free time to take photos.
- Then, in the monastery, you will see the relics of Saint Catherine and the bush of the Burning Bush. Then, you get to the cemetery and the crypt under the chapel of Saint Trifonab. Besides, you will see the oldest mosaics, icons, and the famous Sinai Library.
Departure to Sharm El Sheikh
- When the visit to the Monastery of St. Catherine finishes, you head back to Sharm El Sheikh.
- The Jabal Mousa Trip from Sharm El Sheikh ends at approximately 15:00 second day,
What does Moses Mount/Sharm El Sheikh Price include?
- Also, Transfer to the monastery and back to your hotel.
What does not Mount Sinai Trip Sharm El Sheikh Program include?
- Additional excursion programs if not included in the above program.
Items to take with you for the trip
- Breakfast box.
- Also, carry with you suitable clothes for the season.
Moses Mountain Trip Sharm El Sheikh Booking Days
- Sundays from 20:00 – 15:00 second day.
- Wednesdays from 20:00 – 15:00 second day.
- Also, Saturdays from 20:00 – 15:00 second day.
What can You Expect to See during the Trip to Moses Mount?
The Greek Orthodox monastery of the God-trodden Mount Sinai lies at the very place where God appeared to Moses in the Burning Bush, beneath the Mount of the Decalogue. In God’s providence, it is also at this site that the holy relics of Saint Catherine are enshrined.