Monastery of Saint Catherine Tour Dahab is a sightseeing excursion to the Monastery of Saint Catherine from Dahab, Egypt! We recommend the trip because it allows you to visit one of the most impressive sights on the Sinai Peninsula! The Monastery of Saint Catherine is the oldest Christian monastery in the world. Besides, the visit to the monastery gives you more spiritual refreshments. Additionally, you will get a piece of helpful information about the history of Christianity in Egypt.
Highlights on Monastery of Saint Catherine Trip from Dahab
- Visiting the Monastery of St. Catherine in the Sinai Peninsula.
- Lunch at a restaurant.
- Also, Shopping in Dahab.
Program of the Excursion to the Monastery of St. Catherine
- Landious Travel representative will pick you up from the hotel in Dahab at approximately 06:00 AM.
- After picking up all comers, the bus will leave for the St. Catherine’s Monastery, driving along with the coastal city of Nuweiba, which lies north of Dahab on the eastern coast of the Red Sea. From the centre of Dahab to this monastery takes approximately 3 hours.
Schedule in the Monastery of St. Catherine
- As soon as you arrive at the foot of Saint Catherine’s Mountain, you will step up to the Monastery of Saint Catherine.
- Your guide will have a task to show all the main shrines by then. Also, our guide will give you free time to take pictures of the place.
- Thus, you will see the relics of Saint Catherine, the bush of the Burning Bush, the cemetery, the crypt under the chapel of St. Trifonab, the oldest mosaic icons, and the famous Sinai library.
Agenda in the resort of Dahab
- After visiting the Monastery of Saint Catherine at the foot of Prophet Moses’ mountain, you will head to another city – Dahab.
- Once you arrive at Dahab Resort, you will head to the restaurant. There, you will enjoy an open buffet lunch.
- After that, you will go shopping.
Departure to Dahab
- Finally, the bus will depart back to Dahab.
- This trip to the Monastery of Saint Catherine from Dahab ends at approximately 16:00.
What does the Price of the Monastery of Saint Catherine Trip include?
- Also, Transfer to the monastery and back to your hotel.
What does not the Program of the Monastery of Saint Catherine Trip Dahab include?
- Additional excursion programs.
Items to take with you for the trip
- Breakfast box.
- Also, Clothes for the season.
Monastery of Saint Catherine Tour Dahab Booking Days
- Saturday from 05:00 – 16:00.
- Monday from 05:00 – 16:00.
- Also, Thursday from 05:00 – 16:00.
The Greek Orthodox monastery of the God-trodden Mount Sinai lies at the very place where God appeared to Moses in the Burning Bush, beneath the Mount of the Decalogue. In God’s providence, it is also at this site that the holy relics of Saint Catherine are enshrined.