Launch on an exhilarating adventure through time with the Sohag Private Tour Safaga! Witness the awe-inspiring ancient wonders of Abydos and Sohag in Egypt. Immerse yourself in the rich history of two incredible cities that span across eras of Ancient Egypt and the Roman Empire. With this tour, not only will you witness breathtaking sights, but you’ll also gain a deeper understanding of the fascinating history that makes Egypt so unique. Don’t miss out on this unforgettable journey!
Highlights on Sohag Private Tour Safaga
- Visiting the Temples of Abydos.
- Lunch at a restaurant.
- Also, the Red Monastery and The White Monastery in Sohag.
Program of the trip to Abydos – Sohag from Safaga
- Landious Travel representative will pick you up from the hotel in Safaga around 04:00 am.
- After picking you up, the bus (limousine or minibus) will head towards the city of Qena. It will pass the town of Safaga on its way to Qena, which lies 220 km away in the Nile Valley. From the centre of Hurghada to Qena, the course takes about 3 hours. From Qena, you will drive further to the north towards the Sohag governorate to get to the village of Abydos. It will take about one hour more to get to Abydos.
Program in Abydos
- Once you arrive at Sohag governorate, exactly; at Abydos, you will start your trip. The start will be in the Abydos Temple Complex. It is a complex of temples, buildings and towers of different eras. In these temples, your guide begins the explanation, and then he shows the frequently visited places of this large complex.
Schedule in Sohag
- Then, you drive north to Sohag. Once again, you will start your trip to Sohag with lunch. This first stop will be in a quality restaurant.
- Following lunch, you drive to the nearby Christian monasteries – the Red Monastery and the White Monastery. Once again, your guide begins his explanation and shows the frequently visited places of this large complex. Please, note that this complex has different temples and buildings. Therefore, your guide will have the task of showing all these temples. Also, he will give you free time to take pictures.
- Finally, our bus leaves after such a superb individual trip to Sohag.
- This individual trip to Abydos 6 Sohag from Safaga ends at approximately 10:00 pm.
What does the Price of Abydos & Sohag Private Trip Safaga include?
- Tickets for visiting temples.
- Private guide.
- Also, a Private vehicle to Abydos – Sohag and back to the hotel.
What does not the Program of Abydos & Sohag Safaga include?
- Additional excursion programs that if not included in the above program.
Here’s a checklist of items to bring with you on your trip
- Breakfast box.
- Also, bring with you suitable clothes for the season.
Booking Days of Sohag Private Tour Safaga
- Daily from 04:00 – 22:00.
What can you Expect to See during the Trip to Abydos and Sohag?
Abydos appears to be a village in the modern Egyptian town Al-Balyana, south of the Sohag governorate. It was the capital of the eighth Nome during Ancient Egypt. The Abydos Village lies 11 kilometres west of the Nile River at latitude 26° 10′ N.
The Red Monastery, or Apa Psoi, is a Coptic Orthodox monastery named after an Egyptian saint called Psoi or Pishoy. The Red Monastery is architecturally similar to the White Monastery. Also, this monastery has the name Red Monastery which comes from the colour of its outside walls’ construction materials. These walls are considerably thicker at the base than at the top. The cavetto mouldings on the walls of Ancient Egyptian temples are similar to those found in this location.
The Athribian Monastery, also referred to as the Coptic White Monastery of Abba Shenouda, holds a significant place in the hearts of Coptic Orthodox devotees. It is named after Saint Shenouda, the Archimandrite, and is instantly recognizable by its striking white limestone exterior walls. The White Monastery is architecturally similar to the Red Monastery.
There are no reviews yet.