Sohag Private Tour El Gouna is a one-day individual tour to Abydos – Sohag from El Gouna, Egypt! We recommend the trip because it allows tourists to see many attractions. These attractions lie in two cities – Abydos and Sohag. They date back to two eras of Egyptian history – Ancient Egypt and the Roman Empire. Besides, this tour lets you get a significant portion of joy and learn more about the country’s history.
Highlights on Sohag Private Tour El Gouna
- Visiting the Temples of Abydos.
- Lunch at a restaurant.
- Also, the Red Monastery and The White Monastery in Sohag.
Program of the Sohag Private Tour from El Gouna
- Landious Travel representative will pick you up from the hotel in El Gouna around 04:00 am.
- After picking you up, the bus (limousine or minibus) will head towards the city of Qena. It will pass the town of Safaga on its way to Qena, which lies 220 km away in the Nile Valley. From the centre of Hurghada to Qena, the course takes about 3 hours. From Qena, you will drive further to the north towards the Sohag governorate to get to the village of Abydos. It will take about one hour more to get to Abydos.
Program in Abydos
- Once you arrive at Sohag governorate, exactly; at Abydos, you will start your trip. The start will be in the Abydos Temple Complex. It is a complex of temples, buildings and towers of different eras. In these temples, your guide begins the explanation, and then he shows the frequently visited places of this large complex.
Program in Sohag
- Then, you drive north to Sohag. Once again, you will start your trip to Sohag with lunch. This first stop will be in a quality restaurant.
- Following lunch, you drive to the nearby Christian monasteries – the Red Monastery and the White Monastery. Once again, your guide begins his explanation and shows the frequently visited places of this large complex. Please, note that this complex has different temples and buildings. Therefore, your guide will have the task of showing all these temples. Also, he will give you free time to take pictures.
- Finally, our bus leaves after such a superb individual trip to Sohag.
- This individual trip to Abydos 6 Sohag from El Gouna ends at approximately 10:00 pm.
What does the Price of Abydos & Sohag Private Trip El Gouna Include?
- Tickets for visiting temples.
- Private guide.
- Also, a Private vehicle to Abydos – Sohag and back to the hotel.
What does not the Program of Abydos & Sohag El Gouna Include?
- Additional excursion programs that if not included in the above program.
What to Take with You for the Trip?
- Breakfast box.
- Also, bring with you suitable clothes for the season.
Booking Days of Sohag Private Tour El Gouna
- Daily from 04:00 – 22:00.
What can you Expect to See during the Trip to Abydos and Sohag?
Abydos appears to be a village in the modern Egyptian town Al-Balyana, south of the Sohag governorate. It was the capital of the eighth Nome during Ancient Egypt. The Abydos Village lies 11 kilometres west of the Nile River at latitude 26° 10′ N.
The Red Monastery, or Apa Psoi, is a Coptic Orthodox monastery named after an Egyptian saint called Psoi or Pishoy. Also, this monastery has the name Red Monastery which comes from the colour of its outside walls’ construction materials. These walls are considerably thicker at the base than at the top. Like these walls of Ancient Egyptian temples, they are surmounted by cavetto mouldings. The Red Monastery is architecturally similar to the White Monastery.
The Coptic White Monastery, Monastery of Abba Shenouda or the Athribian Monastery, is a Coptic Orthodox sanctuary named after Saint Shenouda, the Archimandrite. The monastery’s name is derived from the white limestone of its outside walls. The White Monastery is architecturally similar to the Red Monastery.