If you’re staying in Makadi Bay, we highly recommend taking the Cairo Day Trip by Bus. This one-day excursion offers the chance to see Egypt’s most impressive ancient wonders and learn more about the country’s rich history. It’s no wonder it’s one of the most famous pyramid tours! During your visit to Cairo, you’ll have the opportunity to explore the Egyptian Museum, which houses artefacts dating back 5,000 years. Then, head to the pyramids and the Sphinx for an unforgettable experience. We hope this fantastic journey will deepen your appreciation of Egypt’s fascinating past and cultural heritage.
Highlights on the Cairo tour from Makadi Bay
- Visit the Egyptian Museum in Cairo.
- Lunch at a restaurant.
- Visit the three pyramids in Giza.
- Also, Visit the Great Sphinx in the pyramid complex.
Itinerary of the day tour from Makadi Bay to Cairo
- First, the Landious Travel representative will pick you up from your hotel in Makadi Bay around 01:00 a.m.
- Secondly, after picking up all comers, the minibus leaves for Cairo. It will pass the Hurghada, Ras Ghareb, Zaafaran, Ain Sokhna, and Suez cities. All these towns lie to the north of Hurghada, on the coast of the Red Sea. The road from the centre of Hurghada to Cairo takes about 6 hours.
- The full-day tour to Cairo – Giza from Makadi Bay heads to Cairo and Giza. It is one of the loveliest tours to the Sphinx!
Schedule in Cairo
- Once you arrive in Cairo, we will show you the Egyptian Museum. Your tour guide will have a task to show you all these temples and give you free time to take pictures.
- Following the Egyptian Museum in Cairo visit, you will start a boat trip over the Nile River. It is an additional program. Of course, you can book it in advance through us! As soon as the boat ride on the Nile ends, you are heading to another city – Giza.
Agenda in Giza
- Of course, the tour will continue in Giza. The first stop there will be in the restaurant. It offers a buffet.
- Then, the group will head to the pyramid complex, the Fantastic Three Pyramids and the Sphinx. Once again, your guide will show you these monuments and give you free time to take pictures.
Departure to Makadi Bay
- Finally, our bus will depart after such a program in the beautiful cities of Cairo and Giza.
- This over-day Excursion to Cairo & Giza from Makadi Bay ends at approximately 22:00.
What Does the Price of the Day Trip to Cairo from Makadi Bay Include?
- Tickets for visiting temples.
- Also, Transfer to Cairo and back to the hotel.
What does not the Program of Cairo & Giza Tour Makadi Bay include?
- Additional Excursion programs if not included in the above program.
- Also, drinks in the restaurant are for extra money.
Items to take with you for the trip to Cairo/Giza
- Breakfast box.
- Also, put on suitable clothes for the season.
Booking Days of Cairo Trip from Makadi Bay
- Daily from 01:00 – 22:00.
What is Expected to See during the Cairo Trip from Makadi Bay?
The Egyptian Museum is the oldest archaeological museum in Egypt and the Middle East. It exhibits an extensive collection from the Predynastic Period to the Greco-Roman Period. In addition, this repository houses the most comprehensive collection of Pharaonic antiquities in the world. This fantastic collection traces 5,000 years of Egyptian history.
The Giza Pyramid complex, also known as the Giza necropolis, is located in Egypt and is home to three pyramids: the Great Pyramid, the Pyramid of Khafre, and the Pyramid of Menkaure. Along with these pyramids are associated pyramid complexes and the Great Sphinx, all of which were constructed during the Fourth Dynasty of the Old Kingdom of ancient Egypt between 2600 and 2500 BC. In addition to these structures are several temples, cemeteries, and the remains of a workers’ village.
Situated at the edges of the Western Desert, the Giza pyramid complex is located approximately 9 kilometres (5.6 mi) west of the Nile River in Giza and about 13 kilometres (8 mi) southwest of the city centre of Cairo. This site forms the northernmost part of the 16,000-hectare (40,000-acre) Pyramid Fields of Memphis and its Necropolis UNESCO World Heritage Site, inscribed in 1979. The pyramid fields also include the Abusir, Saqqara, and Dahshur pyramid complexes, built near Egypt’s ancient capital of Memphis.
Other pyramid fields from the Old Kingdom were situated at the sites of Abu Rawash, Zawyet El Aryan, and Meidum.
The Great Pyramid and the Pyramid of Khafre are the giant pyramids constructed in ancient Egypt, and they have long been recognized as symbols of Ancient Egypt in the Western imagination. These structures gained popularity in Hellenistic times when Antipater of Sidon listed the Great Pyramid as one of the Seven Wonders of the World. The Great Pyramid is the oldest of the Ancient Wonders and the only one still in existence today.
The Pyramid of Khufu stands at a towering height of 138.5 metres. Located in the Giza pyramid complex, this oldest and largest Pyramid has astounded people through the centuries. This marvel constitutes a part of the Seven Wonders of the ancient world.
The Pyramid Of Khafre stands at 448ft with a base length of 706ft. These measurements make the Pyramid the second-tallest and second-largest of the Giza Pyramid complex. This historical monument is also known as the Pyramid of Chephren. It houses the tomb of the Fourth Dynasty Pharaoh Khafre, who ruled between 2558-2532 BC.
Menkaure is the third Pyramid in the Giza Pyramid complex in Greater Cairo, Egypt. Smallest of the three, this beautiful structure rises to 66 metres (218 feet). Menkaure Pyramid houses some of the most stunning sculptures from Ancient Egyptian history despite being short.
The Great Sphinx is one of the most significant sculptures in the world. It stands nearly 66 feet, showcasing a reclined lion’s body and a human head. A royal headdress adorns the Sphinx’s human head. The length of this magnificent statue is around 240 feet.