We highly recommend the Cairo Overnight Trip Hurghada if you’re looking for an exciting two-day trip from Hurghada. This two-day Cairo trip from Hurghada is an excellent way to explore Ancient Egypt’s most impressive sights and the old part of Cairo, giving you a chance to learn about the country’s fascinating history. You can easily book your spot for this trip online and get the best price!
Why Landious Recommends Cairo Overnight Trip Hurgh?
On the first day of the trip, you’ll be picked up from your hotel in Hurghada at 03:00 AM and driven to Cairo, which is about 540 km away. You’ll start the day by visiting the Pyramids of Giza (Cheops, Chephren, and Mykerinus) and the Great Sphinx. Afterwards, you’ll enjoy a delicious lunch at a local restaurant in Giza before proceeding to the Egyptian Museum.
The museum houses an impressive collection of over 250,000 authentic artefacts, including a unique exhibit dedicated to Tutankhamun, showcasing treasures, gold, and jewellery that were buried with him for over 3,500 years before being discovered in 1920. If you’re interested in visiting the royal mummies hall, you can ask your tour guide to take you to the National Museum of Egyptian Civilization, but please note that this will incur an additional cost of $25 per person. The new Grand Museum is not yet open to the public but is expected to open by the end of 2022.
After your museum visit, you’ll be transferred to a hotel in Cairo for an overnight stay. On day two, you’ll check out after breakfast and join your private tour guide to explore the highlights of Old Cairo, including the Salah el din Citadel, Mohamed Ali Mosque, Coptic Cairo, and the famous Khan El Khalili Bazaar.
Your trip includes all transfers by a private air-conditioned vehicle, a private English-speaking Egyptologist guide, entrance fees to all the mentioned sites, bottled water on board the vehicle during the tour, lunch at a local restaurant in Cairo, shopping tours in Cairo, and all service charges and taxes. You’ll also enjoy a one-night stay in a Giza Pyramids view guest house, with the option to upgrade if desired.
Highlights on Overnight Trip to Cairo from Hurghada – Old Cairo
- See the Egyptian Museum in Cairo.
- Lunch at a restaurant.
- Visit the three pyramids in Giza.
- And the Great Sphinx in the pyramid complex.
- One night stay in a hotel.
- Visit the Old Cairo district with a stop at Khan El-Khalili.
- Also, admire the citadel of Saladin.
Program of the Two-days Excursion to Cairo
- Landious Travel representative will pick you up from the hotel in Hurghada around 02:00 am.
- After picking you up, your private vehicle (Limousine or minibus) leaves for Cairo passing the city of Ras Ghareb, Zafarana, Ain Sokhna and Suez. All these cities are north of Hurghada, on the coast of the Red Sea. From the centre of Hurghada to Cairo, the way takes about 6 hours.
Schedule in Cairo
- We will show you the Egyptian Museum when you arrive in Cairo. Your guide will have a task to show the beautiful exhibitions of this museum and give you free time to take pictures. The museum has about 100 exhibition halls, with a unique collection of about 150 thousand items.
- After visiting the Egyptian Museum in Cairo, you can choose to make a boat trip on the Nile. It is an additional program for an extra charge! As soon as the boat ride on the Nile ends, you are heading to another city – Giza.
Agenda in Giza
- The trip continues in Giza. The first stop there will be at the restaurant. It offers a buffet.
- After lunch, you head to the Giza Pyramid Complex, the fantastic three pyramids, the valley temple and the Sphinx. Your guide shows them and gives you free time to take a picture.
- The next stop will be at your hotel in Cairo. There, you can check in and spend your night.
Timetable in Old Cairo
- The first stop of the second day will be at the Citadel of Saladin. In this immense Cairo citadel, you can visit its famous mosque, “Mouhammad Ali Mosque“, and see the fortifications of this place. At the same time, locating in this citadel will give you a dramatic look over all the old parts of the city.
- The second stop will be at Khan El-Khalili district.
Departure to Hurghada
- Finally, you depart to Hurghada after such a program in the beautiful cities of Cairo and Giza.
- This Overnight Trip to Cairo from Hurghada – Old Cairo arrives back in Hurghada at approximately 22:00 the next day.
What does the Cairo Overnight Tour Hurghada – Old Cairo price include?
- Tickets for visiting temples.
- Hotel accommodation in Cairo.
- Also, transfer to Cairo and back to Hurghada.
What does not Cairo Overnight Excursion Hurghada Program include?
- Additional programs if not included in the above program.
- Also, Drinks.
Items to take with you for the trip
- Breakfast box.
- Also, carry with you clothes for the season.
Cairo Overnight Tour Hurghada – Old Cairo Booking Days
- Daily from 02:00 – 22:00 the next day.
What is Expected to See during the Cairo Overnight Trip Hurghada?
The Egyptian Museum is the oldest archaeological museum in Egypt and the Middle East. It exhibits an extensive collection passing from the Predynastic Period to the Greco-Roman period. In addition, this repository houses the most comprehensive collection of Pharaonic antiquities in the world. This fantastic collection traces 5,000 years of Egyptian history.
The Giza Pyramid Complex is the most popular tourist attraction in Egypt. Also, we call it the Giza Necropolis. This Complex is an Ancient Egyptian site located on the Giza Plateau. Widely known, it includes the Great Pyramid of Giza, its associated networks, and the Sphinx of Giza.
The ancient Egyptians built these massive constructions during the Fourth Dynasty of the Old Kingdom of Ancient Egypt. Additionally, the Giza Complex includes several cemeteries and the remains of a workers’ settlement on its territory.
The Pyramid of Khufu stands at a towering height of 138.5 metres. Located in the Giza pyramid complex, this oldest and largest Pyramid has astounded people through the centuries. This marvel constitutes a part of the Seven Wonders of the ancient world.
The Pyramid Of Khafre stands at 448ft with a base length of 706ft. These measurements make the Pyramid the second-tallest and second-largest Giza Pyramid complex. It houses the tomb of the Fourth Dynasty Pharaoh Khafre, who ruled between 2558-2532 BC. This historical monument is also known as the Pyramid of Chephren.
Menkaure is the third Pyramid in the Giza Pyramid complex in Greater Cairo, Egypt. Smallest of the three; this beautiful structure rises to 66 metres (218 feet). Menkaure Pyramid houses some of the most stunning sculptures from Ancient Egyptian history despite being short.
The Great Sphinx is one of the most significant sculptures in the world. It shows a reclined lion’s body and a human head at nearly 66 feet. A royal headdress adorns the Sphinx’s human head. The length of this magnificent statue is around 240 feet.