Embark on a two-day journey through Cairo and discover the fascinating historical sights, including the Egyptian Museum, the Pyramids of Giza and the Sphinx. Take in the unforgettable atmosphere of the famous Khan El Khalili Street market. We highly recommend the Cairo Overnight Trip Hurghada for those seeking an exciting excursion from Hurghada. This trip offers an excellent opportunity to explore the most impressive sights of Ancient Egypt and the old part of Cairo, giving you a chance to learn about the country’s rich history. You can easily book your place for this trip online at the best price!
On Day 1, your driver will be waiting to pick you up from the entrance of your hotel in Hurghada. As you travel towards Cairo, you’ll see the stunning Egyptian landscape. In the afternoon, you’ll visit the Salah El Din Citadel, an impressive fortress created by one of the greatest Arabic rulers to protect the city from European crusaders. Later in the evening, you’ll have time to explore the famous Khan el Khalili Bazaar and experience the Arabic culture of bargaining for souvenirs.
On Day 2, you’ll have a guided tour of Memphis, the ancient capital of Egypt, and see its ruins, the colossal fallen statue of Pharaoh Ramesses II, and the Alabaster Sphinx. Your guide will also show you Saqqara, the graveyard of Memphis, with its mastabas, flat-roofed, rectangular tombs, and pyramids. You’ll see Pharaoh Djoser’s famous Step Pyramid. After lunch, you’ll visit Giza to see the iconic Pyramids and the Sphinx. In the evening, you’ll be dropped off at your hotel in Hurghada with memories that will last a lifetime.
This package includes high-standard air-conditioned vehicle transportation, tour guide services in your language, entrance fees to the sights mentioned in the description, lunch at local restaurants for both days, one night’s accommodation in a luxurious 5-star hotel, dinner on Day 1, and breakfast in your hotel on Day 2.
Why Landious Recommend Cairo Overnight Trip Hurghada?
On the first day of the trip, you’ll be picked up from your hotel in Hurghada at 03:00 a.m. and driven to Cairo, about 540 km away. You’ll start the day by visiting the Pyramids of Giza (Cheops, Chephren, and Mykerinus) and the Great Sphinx. Afterwards, you’ll enjoy a delicious lunch at a local restaurant in Giza before proceeding to the Egyptian Museum.
The new Grand Museum is not yet open to the public but is expected to open by the end of 2022. The museum houses an impressive collection of over 250,000 authentic artefacts, including a unique exhibit dedicated to Tutankhamun, showcasing treasures, gold, and jewellery buried with him for over 3,500 years before being discovered in 1920.
If you want to visit the Royal Mummies Hall, you can ask your tour guide to take you to the National Museum of Egyptian Civilization. Still, please note that this will incur an additional cost of $25 per person.
After your museum visit, you’ll be transferred to a hotel in Cairo for an overnight stay. On day two, you’ll check out after breakfast and join your private tour guide to explore the highlights of Old Cairo, including the Salah el din Citadel, Mohamed Ali Mosque, Coptic Cairo, and the famous Khan El Khalili Bazaar.
Your trip includes all transfers by a private air-conditioned vehicle, a private English-speaking Egyptologist guide, entrance fees to all the mentioned sites, bottled water on board the vehicle during the tour, lunch at a local restaurant in Cairo, shopping tours in Cairo, and all service charges and taxes. You’ll also enjoy a one-night stay in a Giza Pyramids view guest house, with the option to upgrade if desired.
Highlights on Overnight Trip to Cairo from Hurghada – Old Cairo
- See the Egyptian Museum in Cairo.
- Lunch at a restaurant.
- Visit the three pyramids in Giza.
- And the Great Sphinx in the pyramid complex.
- One night accommodation in a 5*hotel.
- Visit the Old Cairo district with a stop at Khan El-Khalili.
- Also, admire the Citadel of Saladin.
Program of the Two-day Excursion to Cairo
- Landious Travel representative will pick you up from the hotel in Hurghada around 02:00 a.m.
- After picking you up, your private vehicle (Limousine or minibus) leaves for Cairo, passing the cities of Ras Ghareb, Zafarana, Ain Sokhna and Suez. All these cities are north of Hurghada, on the coast of the Red Sea. From the centre of Hurghada to Cairo, the way takes about 6 hours.
Schedule in Cairo
- Upon your arrival in Cairo, the Egyptologist tour guide will take you to the Egyptian Museum, where your guide will accompany you to explore the beautiful exhibitions and provide free time to take pictures. With approximately 100 exhibition halls, the museum boasts a unique collection of about 150 thousand items.
- Additionally, you can take a boat trip on the Nile for an extra charge after visiting the museum. Once the boat ride ends, we will head to Giza, another city you’ll surely enjoy.
- To access the Royal Hall of Mummies, kindly request the tour guide take you to the National Museum of Egyptian Civilization and pay an additional $25 per person.
Agenda in Giza
- The trip continues in Giza. The first stop there will be at the restaurant. It offers a buffet.
- After lunch, you head to the Giza Pyramids complex, the fantastic three pyramids and the Sphinx. Your guide shows them and gives you free time to take a picture.
- The next stop will be at your hotel in Cairo. There, you can check in and spend your night.
Timetable in Old Cairo
- Join your private tour guide after breakfast to explore the must-see Cairo Highlights.
- Begin your tour at Salah el din Citadel, a magnificent fortress that served as Egypt’s government headquarters until the 1860s. The Citadel was constructed during Salah ad-Din’s reign, with work beginning in 1176 and completed in 1182.
- Your next stop is Mohamed Ali Mosque, also known as The Alabaster Mosque, because most of its walls are made of pure alabaster. The mosque, built between 1830 and 1848, replicates the Blue Mosque in Istanbul.
- Explore the historic Coptic Cairo, including the Hanging Church, one of Egypt’s oldest churches, the Church of Abu Serga, and The synagogue of Ben Ezra.
- Finally, visiting Khan EL Khalili bazaar is a must-do for any Cairo trip. This famous and ancient bazaar is among the oldest in the Middle East.
Departure to Hurghada
- Finally, your trip to your hotel in Hurghada returns after such a program in the beautiful cities of Cairo and Giza.
- This Overnight Trip to Cairo from Hurghada – Old Cairo arrives back in Hurghada at approximately 22:00 the next day.
What does the Cairo Overnight Tour Hurghada – Old Cairo price include?
- Tickets for visiting temples.
- Hotel accommodation in Cairo.
- Also, transfer to Cairo and back to Hurghada.
What does the Cairo Overnight Excursion Hurghada Program include?
- Additional programs if not included in the above program.
- Also, tipping.
Items to take with you for the trip
- Breakfast box.
- Also, carry with you clothes for the season.
Cairo Overnight Tour Hurghada – Old Cairo Booking Days
- Daily from 02:00 – 22:00 the next day.
What is Expected to See during the Cairo Overnight Trip Hurghada?
The Egyptian Museum is the oldest archaeological museum in Egypt and the Middle East. It exhibits an extensive collection from the Predynastic Period to the Greco-Roman Period. In addition, this repository houses the most comprehensive collection of Pharaonic antiquities in the world. This fantastic collection traces 5,000 years of Egyptian history.
The Giza Pyramid Complex is the most popular tourist attraction in Egypt. This Complex is an Ancient Egyptian site located on the Giza Plateau. Widely known, it includes the Great Pyramid of Giza, its associated networks, and the Sphinx of Giza. Also, we call it the Giza Necropolis.
The ancient Egyptians built these massive constructions during the Fourth Dynasty of the Old Kingdom of Ancient Egypt. Additionally, the Giza Complex includes several cemeteries and the remains of a workers’ settlement on its territory.
The Pyramid of Khufu stands at a towering height of 138.5 metres. Located in the Giza pyramid complex, this oldest and largest Pyramid has astounded people through the centuries. This marvel constitutes a part of the Seven Wonders of the ancient world.
The Pyramid Of Khafre stands at 448ft with a base length of 706ft. These measurements make the Pyramid the second-tallest and second-largest Giza Pyramid complex. It houses the tomb of the Fourth Dynasty Pharaoh Khafre, who ruled between 2558-2532 BC. This historical monument is also known as the Pyramid of Chephren.
Menkaure is the third Pyramid in the Giza Pyramid complex in Greater Cairo, Egypt. Smallest of the three, this beautiful structure rises to 66 metres (218 feet). Menkaure Pyramid houses some of the most stunning sculptures from Ancient Egyptian history despite being short.
The Great Sphinx is one of the most significant sculptures in the world. It shows a reclined lion’s body and a human head at nearly 66 feet. A royal headdress adorns the Sphinx’s human head. The length of this magnificent statue is around 240 feet.