Cairo Alexandria Excursion Sharm El Sheikh is an intensive excursion program to Cairo and Alexandria from Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt! Firmly, we recommend the tour as it allows tourists to enjoy the most impressive sights. These attractions exist in three different cities – Cairo, Giza and Alexandria. You can visit the ancient Egyptian monuments in Cairo and Giza. While in Alexandria, you see the sights of the Roman Empire and the modern period. All this allows you to learn more about the history of Egypt and receive many impressions.
Highlights on Cairo & Alexandria Excursion from Sharm El Sheikh
The first-day program in Cairo
- Visiting the Egyptian Museum in Cairo.
- The Three Pyramids in Giza.
- The Great Sphinx in the pyramid complex.
- Also, Overnight hotel accommodation.
The second-day program in Alexandria
- Visit Montazah Park and the Lighthouse of Alexandria.
- Visit the Alexandria Library.
- Lunch at a fish restaurant.
- Citadel of Qeitbay and Abu Abbas Mosque.
- Also, See the Roman Amphitheater.
Program of the Two-day Excursion to Cairo-Alexandria
- Landious Travel representative will pick you up from your hotel in Sharm El Sheikh at approximately midnight.
- After picking up all comers, the bus leaves in the direction of Cairo. Next, it passes by El Tor, Abu Zinema, Ras Sidr, and Suez. All these cities lie north of Sharm El Sheikh, on the coast of the Red Sea. From the centre of Sharm El Sheikh to Cairo, the way will require approximately 6 hours.
First Day Program in Cairo
- Once you arrive in Cairo, your excursion to Cairo-Alexandria starts. The first stop there will be at the Egyptian Museum. By then, your guide will show you all the exhibits in this vast museum. And, also, he will give you free time to take pictures.
- Following the previous visit, you will start a boat picnic by the Nile River as a paid option. The Nile Trip is an additional program; you can reserve it in advance through us! As soon as the boat picnic on the Nile ends, you will head to another city, Giza.
- As one would expect, your trip continues in Giza. Consequently, the first stop there will be in the restaurant for lunch. This restaurant will offer you an open buffet lunch.
- Following lunch, you will make a shopping tour for a little while.
- Then, the group goes to the Giza Pyramid Complex, where the great pyramids and the Sphinx exist. Accordingly, your guide will show you them and give you free time to take a picture.
- Before the end of the program in Giza, tourists get time to shop in the perfume hall.
- After that, you will go to the hotel to check in and spend your night.
- In the morning, you will need to travel to Alexandria. Therefore, we will pick you up from your hotel at approximately 03:00 am.
Second-day program in Alexandria
- As soon as you arrive in Alexandria, we will show you Al Montazah. This private beach offers many attractions to discover. There, you will see the palace of the king of Egypt and the Pharos lighthouse.
- Next, you will see the Library of Alexandria and the Abu Abbas Mosque.
- After that, you will have a visit to the citadel of Qaitbay.
- Further, after visiting the Fortress, you will have lunch at a fish restaurant. This restaurant will offer you a set menu lunch.
- Ultimately, you will return to Cairo and carry on to Sharm El Sheikh.
- This Excursion to Cairo-Alexandria from Sharm El-Sheikh ends at approximately 23:00 on the second day.
What does Cairo & Alexandria Excursion Sharm El Sheikh Price include?
- Tickets for visiting temples.
- Hotel accommodation.
- Food (except drinks).
- Also, Transfer to Cairo-Alexandria, and back to your hotel.
What does not Cairo & Alexandria Excursion Sharm El Sheikh Program include?
- Additional excursion programs.
- Also, Drinks.
What to take with you for the tour?
- Breakfast box.
- Also, Clothes for the season.
Cairo & Alexandria Excursion Sharm El Sheikh Booking Days
- Daily from midnight -23:00 the second day.
What is Expected to See during the Cairo Alexandria Excursion Sharm El Sheikh?
The Egyptian Museum is the oldest archaeological museum in Egypt and the Middle East. It exhibits an extensive collection passing from the Predynastic Period to the Greco-Roman period. In addition, this repository houses the most comprehensive collection of Pharaonic antiquities in the world. This fantastic collection traces 5,000 years of Egyptian history.
Giza Pyramid Complex
The Giza Pyramid Complex is the most popular tourist attraction in Egypt. Also, we call it the Giza Necropolis. This Complex is an Ancient Egyptian site located on the Giza Plateau. Widely known, it includes the Great Pyramid of Giza with its associated networks and the Sphinx of Giza. The ancient Egyptians built these massive constructions during the Fourth Dynasty of the Old Kingdom of Ancient Egypt. Additionally, the Giza Complex includes several cemeteries and the remains of a workers’ settlement on its territory.
Pyramid of Khufu
The Pyramid of Khufu stands at a towering height of 138.5 metres. Located in the Giza pyramid complex, this oldest and largest Pyramid has astounded people through the centuries. This marvel constitutes a part of the Seven wonders of the ancient world.
Pyramid of Khafre
The Pyramid Of Khafre stands at 448ft with a base length of 706ft. These measurements make the Pyramid the second-tallest and second-largest of the Giza Pyramid complex. This historical monument is also known as the Pyramid of Chephren. It houses the tomb of the Fourth Dynasty Pharaoh Khafre, who ruled between 2558-2532 BC.
Menkaure is the third Pyramid in the Giza Pyramid complex situated in Greater Cairo, Egypt. Smallest of the three; this beautiful structure rises to 66 metres (218 feet). Menkaure Pyramid houses some of the most stunning sculptures from Ancient Egyptian history despite being short.
The Great Sphinx is one of the most significant sculptures in the world. It shows a reclined lion’s body and a human head at nearly 66 feet. A royal headdress adorns the Sphinx’s human head. The length of this magnificent statue is around 240 feet.
The king’s palace stands in Alexandria. And King Farouk continuously filled it with new and unusual buildings. As Strabo said in “Geography”: “Each king, out of his love for pomp, usually added some decoration to all monuments.” A wall surrounding this chic royal district surrounded the fashionable neighbourhood like a fortress; the royal guard also guarded it. The guard chambers laid not far from the Montaza palace itself.
Library of Alexandria
The Library of Alexandria is one of the ancient world’s largest and most important libraries. It was part of the Alexandria Muséion Institute in Alexandria, Egypt. The idea of establishment belongs to Demetrius of Phalerum. At the same time, the son of Caesar Ptolemy II completed the building. Subsequently, Ptolemy I Soter laid down the plans for this monumental project. By then, the library had rapidly accumulated many papyrus scrolls. Indeed, a large amount of finance the Ptolemaic kings gave enhanced this process.
It is challenging to calculate an exact figure for the number of scrolls stored at this place. However, we can assume the approximate number of scrolls varied from 40,000 to 400,000 during the heyday.
The Egyptians completed the construction of the Fortress in 1477. The founder of this fort was Sultan Abu Al-Nasr Sayf ad-Din Al-Ashraf Qaitbay. Historians believe Qaitbay had built this Fortress on the Alexandria Lighthouse – one of the Seven Wonders of the World. These historians affirm that the Alexandria Lighthouse exited on the same site. They used the remaining parts of the lighthouse itself to build this citadel.
Abu El Abbas Mosque
Abu El Abbas Mosque is very popular and famous in Egypt, in Alexandria. The Egyptians dedicated this mosque to the holy Sufi Abul-Abbas al-Mursi from Spain, who lived in the 13th century. The full name of this Sufi is Shahab ad-Din Abu-l-Abbas Ahmad ibn Umar ibn Muhammad Al-Ansari Al-Mursi. In his last years, he moved to live in Alexandria.
Revered Abu El Abbas is one of four religious men who enjoyed high respect and wide fame in Egypt. His writings were rife and were of considerable importance to all the people in Egypt. Mursi has become a household name in the country thanks to his work and popularity.
Ayshna Mukherjee –
On this two-day trip, you will be seeing the 3 pyramids at Giza and the Great Sphinx as well. You get picked up from your hotel near about midnight and then the bus leaves toward Cairo and this trip will take about 6 hours to be completed. On arrival in Cairo after you freshen up the hotel, you will first go to see the Egyptian Museum. This is a place that has 100 halls having 150 exclusive artifacts. Your guide will show you around and then let you take pictures as per your free time. Next, if you have opted for the Nile River Trip, you will go for that and enjoy a picnic on the Nile. Ending that, you will be continuing your trip to Giza. There you will be first stopping for lunch at the best restaurant in Giza. Then you will be moving on to see the famous Pyramids and the Great Sphinx. Post which you will be able to take pictures in your free time. Done with this, you will go shopping in the perfume hall. After your shopping spree is done, you return to the hotel and take a rest. The next day, you start for Alexandria. Once there, you will be shown the AL Montazah, the private beach which has many attractions like the palace of the king of Egypt and the Pharos lighthouse. Then you will be seeing the Library of Alexandria and the Abu Abbas Mosque. From there you will be visiting the citadel of Qaitbay. Then you finally get to have lunch at a famous fish restaurant. Post lunch you return to Cairo and from there back to Sharam El Seikh. Whew! What a trip this is! But enjoyed.
Эльвира Тугушева –
Брали самую долгую экскурсию у этого экскурсовода. Она длится почти двое суток! Нас забрали ровно в назначенный час (самое сложное было не проспать), без опозданий. Предупредили что необходимо взять с собой что-нибудь из еды и воды, и необходимые вещи.
Дорога очень долгая, но это ночь, поэтому все отдыхающие мирно спят, а с утра уже начинаются посещения таких красивых мест! Мы за время экскурсии очень многое узнали об истории, столько фактов было нам озвучено, при том что это была не обычная зубрежка, а преподносилось как сказки!
Огромное впечатление на нас произвели именно пирамиды и сам сфинкс- ради этого мы и поехали на эту экскурсию! Сделали все фотографии на память, и довольные вернулись в отель! Спасибо за интереснейшую и познавательную экскурсию!