If you’re in Egypt, we highly recommend taking a journey to Luxor, as it’s one of the best excursions you can do. The Valley of the Kings program is particularly popular and informative. For those staying in Safaga, the Luxor Overnight Tour is a great option that includes a visit to the Valley of the Kings. This two-day trip from Hurghada is a fantastic way to explore ancient Egyptian attractions, including temples and tombs in Luxor. You’ll get to learn more about the history of ancient Egypt and get up close and personal with its rich culture.
Highlights on Overnight Trip to Luxor from Safaga
- Luxor Temple.
- Karnak Temple.
- Lunch at a restaurant.
- Also, Colossi of Memnon in the temple of Amenhotep III.
- The temple of Queen Hatshepsut.
- Besides, admire the Valley of Kings in the City of the Dead.
Program of the Two-days Trip to Luxor
- At 5:00 AM, a representative from Landious Travel will pick you up from your hotel in Safaga for the tour. The minibus will depart for Luxor after all guests have been picked up.
- On the way to Luxor, the minibus will pass through the city of Qena, which is located 174 km away in the Nile Valley. It takes approximately 4 hours to travel from the centre of Safaga to Luxor.
First-day program in Eastern Luxor
- Karnak Temple Visit. As soon as you have arrived at Luxor, we will show you the Karnak temple dedicated to the god Amun. This temple is the largest in Egypt and the whole ancient world. It lies in the City of Living – Eastern Luxor. In this temple, your guide begins his explanation. And then, he shows the frequently visited places in this large complex. This complex contains different temples and buildings inside.
- Lunch. Then, After visiting the Karnak temple in Eastern Luxor, you will enjoy lunch at a good restaurant.
- Luxor Temple Visit. After that, you drive to the Luxor temple to enjoy this fantastic temple.
- Hotel Check-In. By the end of your first-day program check-in.
Second-day program in Western Luxor
- Breakfast & West Bank Discovery. The second day of the trip starts with enjoying your breakfast at your hotel and then heading to the western bank of the Nile.
- Amenhotep III Temple visit. Once you arrive at the western bank, our trip continues with a visit to the Colossi of Memnon. These Colossi are two magnificent statues that stand at the entrance of the temple of Amenhotep III.
- Hatshepsut Temple Visit. Further, the bus goes to the beautiful temple of Queen Hatshepsut. It is a fantastic temple that exists in Deir El-Bahari. The Ancient Egyptians managed to cut this three-floor temple into the rock. It is worth mentioning that all sorts of tombs are around the place. Also, on the right-hand side, you can see two more temples of Thutmose III and Amenhotep Neb Hept Ra.
- Valley of the Kings Visit. Before the end of the program in West Luxor, you will visit the Valley of the Kings. It is so great in this place and interesting! Accordingly, in this place, you see three tombs for the great pharaohs of Egypt.
- Departure. Finally, our bus returns to Safaga after a lovely trip to Luxor.
- End Time. This “Luxor Overnight Trip from Safaga” ends at approximately 24:00 the next day.
What does the Luxor Overnight Trip Safaga price include?
- Tickets for visiting temples.
- Also, Transfer to Luxor and back to the hotel.
What does not the program of Luxor Overnight Trip Safaga include?
- Additional excursion programs if not included in the previously-mentioned program.
- Also, the price does not include drinks in the restaurant.
Here are some things you might want to bring along for your journey
- Breakfast box.
- Also, Clothes match the season.
Luxor Overnight Trip Safaga Booking Days
- Daily from 04:00 – 24:00 the next day.
What is Expected to See during the Luxor Overnight Trip from Safaga?
Monuments on the eastern bank of the River Nile
- Karnak Temple: The Temple of Karnak is the largest temple complex in the ancient world. This temple amazingly represents the achievement of many generations of ancient builders and pharaohs. Its old name is Ipet-isut – the most sacred of places. Continuously the building of this complex temple lasted more than two thousand years. Also, it compromises three main temples, smaller enclosed temples, and several outer temples on 247 acres of land. There is an incredible forest of giant pillars within the Great Hypostyle Hall.
- Luxor Temple: The Temple of Luxor was the centre of one of the most important festivals in ancient Egypt – the festival of Opet. This festival was to reconcile the human aspect of the ruler with the divine office. Amenhotep III and Ramses II built this majestic Luxor temple and dedicated it to the god Amun.
Monuments on the western bank of the River Nile
- Valley of the Kings: Valley of the Kings is where the magnificent tombs exist. For example, this place is home to tombs of ancient Egyptian kings, e.g., the great pharaoh Ramses II and Tutankhamun. Professionally, the Ancient Egyptians carved these tombs deep into the mountain rock. Also, they richly decorated those tombs and filled them with treasures for the afterlife.
- Hatshepsut Temple: At El Deir El Bahary, Hatshepsut temple is dedicated to Queen Hatshepsut – the only female pharaoh. This temple rises out of the desert with a series of terraces. This temple merges with the sheer limestone cliffs that surround that temple. Additionally, It is one of the most beautiful & best-preserved of all the temples of Ancient Egypt.
- Also, Colossi of Memnon: Two massive mono-stone statues of King Amenhotep III are the significant remains of a vast mortuary temple.
Services presented during the Luxor Overnight Trip from Safaga
- Transport: Landious Travel uses an individual air-conditioned limousine/minibus to service you. A professional driver will accompany you during the trip.
- Guiding: a licensed professional English guide will accompany you to all temples and museums.
- Food: we present lunch/dinner in quality restaurants under the included services in the trip program.
There are no reviews yet.