An interesting individual trip to Abydos – Sohag from Hurghada! We recommend the trip because of the fact that it allows tourists to see a large number of attractions in two cities _ Abydos and Sohag. These monuments were built during two different eras of the Egyptian history _ Ancient Egypt, and the Roman Empire. It lets getting a big portion of joy, and learn more about the history of the country.
Main points of the program to Abydos – Sohag
- Visiting the Temples of Abydos
- Also, the Red Monastery and The White Monastery in Sohag
Program of the trip to Abydos – Sohag from Hurghada
- We pick up from the hotel around 04:00 in the morning
- After picking you up, the bus (limousine or minibus) goes towards the city of Qena passing the city of Safaga. The resort town of Safaga is located 45 miles south of Hurghada, on the Red Sea coast; while, the city of Qena is located at 220 km away in the Nile Valley. The way, from the center of Hurghada to Qena, takes about 3 hours. From Qena, you drive further to the north towards Sohag governorate to get the village of Abydos. It takes about one hour to get Abydos.
The program in Abydos
- As soon as you arrive at Sohag governorate, more exactly, at Abydos, you start your individual trip in the temple of Osiris. This is a complex of temples and buildings. In the temple, begins the explanation of your guide, and then he shows the frequent visited places of this large complex. The complex itself contains different temples and buildings. Your guide will have a task to show all these temples and give free time to take pictures
The program in Sohag
- Then, you drive north to Sohag. The first stop, there, will be at the restaurant.
- After lunch, you drive to the nearby Christian monasteries _ the Red Monastery, and the White Monastery.
- Again, your guide begins his explanation, and shows the frequent visited places of this large complex. The complex itself contains different temples and buildings. Your guide will have a task to show all these temples and give free time to take pictures
- Our bus leaves back after such a wonderful individual trip in Sohag
- This “Individual Trip to Abydos-Sohag from Hurghada” ends at approximately 22:00
What is included in the trip price
- Tickets for visiting temples
- Private guide
- Also, Private vehicle to Abydos – Sohag, and back to the hotel
What is not included in the price of the tour
- Additional excursion programs which aren’t included in the above program
WHAT TO TAKE WITH YOU FOR THE TRIP
- Breakfast box
- Also, Clothes for the season
DAYS OF EXCURSION ORGANIZATION
- Daily from 04:00-22:00