Luxor, the capital of the Luxor Governorate, is one of the most attractive cities in Egypt. Tourists worldwide visit this city to refresh their thoughts and enjoy the world heritage. Luxor is a historic city with a vast number of monuments.
Valley of Kings Luxor Trip Hurghada is one of the best excursions in Hurghada, Egypt! With the visit to the Valley of Kings, this trip to Luxor is the most popular sightseeing tour! It is a rich and informative excursion!
We recommend the trip because it lets tourists see many Ancient Egyptian attractions, such as temples and tombs in Luxor. Besides, it allows you to get more familiar with the history of Ancient Egypt!
Highlights on Luxor & Valley of Kings Trip from Hurghada
- Visit Karnak Temple at the City of the Living.
- Lunch at a restaurant by the Nile River.
- See the Colossi of Memnon at the temple of Amenhotep III.
- The temple of Queen Hatshepsut.
- Also, visit the Valley of Kings at the City of the Dead.
Excursion program in Luxor Tour
- First, the Landious Travel representative will pick you up from your hotel in Hurghada around 04:00 AM.
- Secondly, as soon as our representative picks all comers up, the minibus will leave for Luxor. It will pass through the cities of Safaga and Qena. The resort town of Safaga lies 45 miles south of Hurghada on the Red Sea coast. However, the town of Qena is 220 km away in the Nile Valley. Accordingly, the way will take about 5 hours from the centre of Hurghada to Luxor.
Schedule in Eastern Luxor
- Once you arrive at Luxor, we will show you the Karnak temple. The Karnak Temple exists in the City of Living – Eastern Luxor. The ancient Egyptians dedicated this temple to God Amun. They enlarged it to become vast in Egypt and the whole ancient world. In the temple, your guide will explain and give helpful information. Then, the group will go inside the temple with this tour guide. Accordingly, your guide will show the frequently visited places in this large complex. It is noteworthy that this complex contains different temples and buildings. In summary, your guide will have the task of showing you all these temples. Also, our guide will give you free time to take a picture.
- Following the visit to the Karnak temple in Eastern Luxor, you will start a boat picnic across the Nile River. It is an additional program; you can book it in advance through us! Once the boat picnic ends, you will arrive in Western Luxor – City of the Dead.
Agenda in Western Luxor
- Consequently, the trip will continue in Western Luxor with a see to the Colossi of Memnon. The Colossi of Memnon is two grandiose statues standing at the entrance of Amenhotep III’s temple. Further, your guide will show you these statues; then, he will give you a chance to take a picture.
- Additionally, the bus will head to the beautiful temple of Queen Hatshepsut. It is a fantastic temple located in Deir El-Bahari. Around this temple, you will see all sorts of tombs and other temples. The temples of Thutmose ΙΙΙ and Amenhop Neb Hept Ra lie next to the temple of Hatshepsut. The Ancient builders carved these three temples’ traces right into the rock. Once again, the guide will provide information and free time to investigate the place.
- Before the end of the program in Western Luxor, you will visit the Valley of the Kings. It is so great and exciting in this place! Progressively, in the Valley of the Kings, you see three tombs that belonged to the great pharaohs of Egypt.
Departure to Hurghada
- Finally, our bus leaves for Hurghada after such an excellent program in Luxor.
- This Excursion to Luxor with a visit to the Valley of the Kings from Hurghada ends at approximately 21:00.
What does the Price of Luxor & Valley of Kings Trip Hurghada include?
- Tickets for visiting temples.
- Also, Transfer to Luxor and back to the hotel.
What does not the Program of Luxor & Valley of Kings Trip Hurghada Include?
- The additional excursion programs are not included in the previously mentioned program.
- Also, the price doesn’t include the drinks in the restaurant.
Items to take with you for the trip
- Breakfast box.
- Also, take suitable clothes for the season.
Luxor & Valley of Kings Trip Hurghada Booking Days
- Daily from 04:00 – 21:00.
What can you Expect to see during the Luxor & Valley of Kings Trip Hurghada?
Monuments on the eastern bank of the River Nile
- Karnak is the largest temple complex in the ancient world. Amazingly, it represents the achievement of many generations of ancient builders and pharaohs. Its old name, Ipet-isut, means “the most sacred of places.” The building of this complex temple has lasted more than two thousand years. It comprises three main temples, smaller enclosed temples, and several outer temples on 247 acres. The remarkable Hypostyle Hall is an incredible forest of giant pillars.
- The Temple of Luxor was the centre of the most important festival – the festival of Opet. Amenhotep III and Ramses II built this majestic Luxor temple dedicated to the god Amun. This festival was to reconcile the human aspect of the ruler with the divine office.
Monuments on the western bank of the River Nile
- The Valley of the Kings is where magnificent tombs exist. Professionally, the Ancient Egyptians carved those tombs deeply into the mountain rock. They decorated them richly and filled them with treasures for the afterlife. The Valley of the Kings houses tombs of ancient Egyptian kings, e.g., the great pharaohs Ramses II and Tutankhamun.
- Hatshepsut temple at El Deir El Bahary is an impressive temple dedicated to Queen Hatshepsut, the only female pharaoh. Impressively, the temple of Hatshepsut rises out in the desert with a series of terraces. It merges apparently with the sheer limestone cliffs that surround it. It is one of the most beautiful and best-preserved of all of the temples of Ancient Egypt.
Besides, Colossi of Memnon
- Two massive mono-stone statues of King Amenhotep III are the significant remains of a vast mortuary temple.