Luxor, the capital of the Luxor Governorate, is one of the most attractive cities in Egypt; has a historic city with many monuments. Tourists from different parts of the world visit this city to refresh their thoughts and enjoy the world heritage. Valley of Kings Luxor Trip Safaga is one of the best excursions you can do while staying in Safaga, Egypt! With the visit to the Valley of Kings, this trip to Luxor is the most popular sightseeing tour! It is a rich and informative excursion! We recommend the trip because it lets tourists see many Ancient Egyptian attractions: temples and tombs in Luxor. Besides, it allows you to get more familiar with the history of Ancient Egypt!
Highlights on Luxor & Valley of Kings Trip from Safaga
- Visit Karnak Temple at the City of the Living.
- Lunch at a restaurant by the Nile River.
- See the Colossi of Memnon at the temple of Amenhotep III.
- The temple of Queen Hatshepsut.
- Also, visit the Valley of Kings at the City of the Dead.
Excursion program in Luxor Tour
- First, the Landious Travel representative will pick you up from your hotel, in Safaga, around 05:00 AM.
- Secondly, as soon as our representative picks all comers up, the minibus will leave for Luxor. It will pass, Qena, 174 km away in the Nile Valley. Accordingly, the way will take about 4 hours from the centre of Safaga to Luxor.
Program in Eastern Luxor
- Once you arrive at Luxor, we will show you the Karnak temple. The Karnak Temple exists in the City of Living – Eastern Luxor. The ancient Egyptians dedicated this temple to God Amun. They enlarged it to become vast in Egypt and the whole ancient world. In the temple, your guide will explain and give helpful information. Then, the group will go inside the temple with this tour guide. Accordingly, your guide will show the frequently visited places in this large complex. Noteworthy that this complex contains different temples and buildings. In summary, your guide will have the task of showing you all these temples. Also, our guide will give you free time to take a picture.
- Following the visit to the Karnak temple in Eastern Luxor, you will start a boat picnic across the Nile River. It is an additional program, and you can book it, in advance, through us! Once the boat picnic ends, you will arrive in Western Luxor – City of the Dead.
Program in Western Luxor
- Consequently, in Western Luxor, the trip will continue with a see to the Colossi of Memnon. The Colossi of Memnon are two grandiose statues standing at the entrance of Amenhotep III temple. Further, your guide will show you these statues; then, he will give you a chance to take a picture.
- Additionally, the bus will head to the beautiful temple of Queen Hatshepsut. It is a fantastic temple located in Deir El-Bahari. Around this temple, you will see all sorts of tombs and other temples. The temples of Thutmose ΙΙΙ and Amenhop Neb Hept Ra lie next to the temple of Hatshepsut. The Ancient builders carved these three temples’ traces right into the rock. Once again, the guide will provide information and free time to investigate the place.
- Before the end of the program in Western Luxor, you will visit the Valley of the Kings. It is so great in this place and interesting! Progressively, in the Valley of the Kings, you see three tombs which belong to the great pharaohs of Egypt.
Departure to Safaga
- Finally, our bus leaves back to Safaga after such an excellent program in the city of Luxor.
- This Excursion to Luxor with a visit to the Valley of the kings from Safaga ends at approximately 20:00.
What does the Price of Luxor & Valley of Kings Trip Safaga include?
- Tickets for visiting temples.
- Also, Transfer to Luxor and back to the hotel.
What does not Program of Luxor & Valley of Kings Trip Safaga Include?
- The additional excursion programs if not included in the previously mentioned program.
- Also, the price doesn’t include the drinks in the restaurant.
What to take with you for the trip?
- Breakfast box.
- Also, take suitable clothes for the season.
Luxor & Valley of Kings Trip Safaga Booking Days
- Daily from 05:00 – 20:00.
What is Expected to See during the Luxor & Valley of Kings Trip Safaga?
Monuments on the eastern bank of the River Nile
Karnak Temple: It is the largest temple complex in the ancient world. Amazingly, it represents the combined achievement of many generations of ancient builders and pharaohs. Its old name Ipet-isut means “the most sacred of places.” Continuously the building of this complex temple lasted more than two thousand years. It comprises three main temples, smaller enclosed temples, and several outer temples on 247 acres. The remarkable Hypostyle Hall is an incredible forest of giant pillars.
Luxor Temple: The Temple of Luxor was the centre of the most important festival – the festival of Opet. Amenhotep III and Ramses II built this majestic Luxor temple dedicated to the god Amun. This festival was to reconcile the human aspect of the ruler with the divine office.
Monuments on the western bank of the River Nile
Valley of the Kings: The Valley of the Kings is where magnificent tombs exist. Professionally, the Ancient Egyptians carved those tombs deeply into the mountain rock. They decorated them richly and filled them with treasures for the afterlife. The Valley of the Kings houses tombs of ancient Egyptian kings, e.g. tombs of the great pharaohs Ramses II and Tutankhamun.
Hatshepsut Temple: Hatshepsut temple at El Deir El Bahary is an impressive temple dedicated to Queen Hatshepsut, the only female pharaoh. Impressively, the temple of Hatshepsut rises out in the desert with a series of terraces. It merges apparently with the sheer limestone cliffs that surround it. It is one of the most beautiful and best-preserved of all of the temples of Ancient Egypt.