It is an interesting excursion to Dendera & Luxor from the resort of Hurghada, Egypt! We recommend the trip because it allows tourists to see a large number of attractions in two cities. These monuments date back to two different eras of Egyptian history _ Ancient Egypt, and the Roman Empire. It lets getting a big portion of joy and learn more about the history of the country. ONLINE BOOKING DENDERA & LUXOR EXCURSION HURGHADA AND BEST PRICE!
Highlights onDendera & Luxor Excursion from Hurghada
- See the Karnak temple in eastern Luxor.
- Lunch at a restaurant by the Nile river.
- The Colossi of Memnon in the Temple of Amenhotep III.
- Temple of Queen Hatshepsut in the Western Luxor.
- Also, the temple of goddess Hathor in Dendera.
Program of Dendera & Luxor Tour
- First of all, the Landious Travel representative will pick you up from the hotel, in Hurghada, around 04:00 am.
- Secondly, after taking all comers, the bus will direct to the city of Qena passing the city of Safaga. The resort town of Safaga lies 45 miles south of Hurghada, on the Red Sea coast. While the city of Qena lies 220 km away in the Nile Valley. Accordingly, the way, from the centre of Hurghada to Qena, will take about 3 hours.
Program in Qena
- Once you arrive at the city of Qena, you will start a visit to the temple of the goddess Hathor. This temple impressively stands in Dendera _ a village near Qena. This is a complex of temples and buildings. Your guide will begin an explanation of the place. Then he will show you the frequently visited places of this large complex. The complex itself contains different temples and buildings. Your guide will have a task to show all these temples and give free time to take pictures.
Program in Eastern Luxor
- Then, come to go to another city of Luxor. The way, from Dendera to Luxor, will take half an hour. As soon as you arrive at Luxor, we show you the Karnak temple. The temple is the largest in Egypt, and the whole world. The temple is located in the city of living _ Eastern Luxor. In the temple, begins the explanation of your guide. Then. he will show you the frequently visited places of this large complex. Noteworthy that this complex itself contains different temples and buildings. Your guide will have a task to show all these temples and give free time to take pictures.
- Following the visit to the Karnak temple in Easter Luxor, you will do the shopping for a little time.
- Then, you start a boat picnic through the Nile with a visit to Banana Island. This is an additional program and you can order it, in advance, through us! Once the Nile picnic ends, you will find yourself in Western Luxor _ the City of the Dead.
Program in Western Luxor
- In the Western Luxor, the trip continues with a visit to the Colossi of Memnon. These Colossi are the two grandiose statues, that stand at the entrance of the temple of Amenhotep III. Of course, your guide shows you these statues. Then, he gives you free time to take a picture.
- Further, you head to the beautiful temple of Queen Hatshepsut. This is the awesome temple that lies in Deir el-Bahary. The Ancient Egyptian builders cut it amazingly into the rock and it consists of three floors. Around this temple, you will see all sorts of tombs and other temples. Next to the temple of Hatshepsut lie the temples of Thutmose III the third and Amenhop Neb Hept Ra. Once again, your guide gives information and free time to inspect the place.
- Onwards, the next point of this program will allow you to watch how artisans prepare statues in antiquity. Certainly, you can get an idea about this handicraft work in the alabaster factory.
- Finally, our bus leaves back to Hurghada after such a fantastic sightseeing trip to the wonderful city of Luxor.
- This Excursion to Dendera & Luxor from Hurghada ends at approximately 22:00.
What does the Price of Dendera & Luxor Excursion Hurghada Include?
- Tickets for visiting temples.
- Also, Transfer to Luxor, and back to the hotel.
What does not Program of Dendera & Luxor Excursion Hurghada include?
- Additional excursion programs.
- Also, Drinks.
What to take with you for the trip?
- Breakfast box.
- Also, Clothes for the season.
Dendera & Luxor Excursion Hurghada Booking Days
- Sunday from 04:00 – 20:00.
- Tuesday from 04:00 – 20:00.
- Also, Thursday from 04:00 – 20:00.
What is Expected to See during Excursion to Dendera & Luxor from Hurghada?
Monuments in Dendera
- Temples of Dendera: the temple complex displays a scene of the long history of Egypt. This amazing complex reveals a lot about this history. When we follow the history of this complex, we will find out that the Ancient Egyptians first built in it. In other words, the first buildings date back to the Ancient Egyptian period. Also, we can notice that the Greek and Roman rulers contributed widely to the construction of the major remaining temples.
Monuments in the eastern bank of River Nile
- Karnak Temple: It is the largest temple complex in the ancient world. Amazingly, it represents the combined achievement of many generations of ancient builders and pharaohs. The ancient name of this temple is Ipet-isut means “the most sacred of places”. Continuously, the building of this complex temple lasted over more than two thousand years. It compromises three main temples, smaller enclosed temples, and several outer temples on 247 acres of land. Within the great Hypostyle Hall is an incredible forest of giant pillars.
- Hatshepsut Temple: Hatshepsut temple, at El Deir El Bahary, is this impressive temple dedicated to the Queen Hatshepsut the only female pharaoh. Impressively, the temples of Hatshepsut rises out in the desert with a series of terraces. Also, it merges apparently with the sheer limestone cliffs that surround. It is one of the most beautiful & best preserved of all of the temples of Ancient Egypt!
- Also, Colossi of Memnon: Two massive mono stone statues of king Amenhotep III are the major remains of a huge mortuary temple.