We recommend the trip because it allows tourists to see a large number of attractions in two cities. These monuments date back to two different eras of Egyptian history: Ancient Egypt and the Roman Empire. It enables getting a significant portion of joy and learn more about the history of the country.
Highlights onDendera & Luxor Excursion from Hurghada
- See the Karnak temple in eastern Luxor.
- Lunch at a restaurant by the Nile River.
- The Colossi of Memnon in the Temple of Amenhotep III.
- Temple of Queen Hatshepsut in the Western Luxor.
- Also, discover the temple of goddess Hathor in Dendera.
Program of Dendera & Luxor Tour
- First of all, the Landious Travel representative will pick you up from the hotel in Hurghada, around 04:00 am.
- Secondly, after taking all comers, the bus will direct to the city of Qena, passing the town of Safaga. The resort town of Safaga lies 45 miles south of Hurghada, on the Red Sea coast. At the same time, the city of Qena lies 220 km away in the Nile Valley. Accordingly, the way, from the centre of Hurghada to Qena, will take about 3 hours.
Program in Qena
- Once you arrive at the city of Qena, you will start a visit to the temple of the goddess Hathor. This temple impressively stands in Dendera – a village near Qena. It is a complex of temples and buildings. Your guide will begin an explanation of the place. Then he will show you the frequently visited sites of this large complex. The complex itself contains different temples and buildings. Your guide will have a task to show all these temples and give free time to take pictures.
Program in Eastern Luxor
- Then, you will head to the city of Luxor. The way, from Dendera to Luxor, will take half an hour. As soon as you arrive at Luxor, we will show you the Karnak temple. The temple is the largest in Egypt and the whole world. The temple exists in the city of living – Eastern Luxor. Next, your guide starts the explanation of the temple. Then, he will show you the frequently visited places of this large complex. Noteworthy that this complex itself contains different temples and buildings. Your guide will have a task to show all these temples and give free time to take pictures.
- Following the visit to the Karnak temple in Eastern Luxor, you will do the shopping for a bit of time.
- Then, you start a boat picnic through the Nile with a visit to Banana Island. It is an additional program, and you can order it, in advance, through us! Once the Nile picnic ends, you will find yourself in Western Luxor – the City of the Dead.
Program in Western Luxor
- In Western Luxor, the trip continues with a visit to the Colossi of Memnon. These Colossi are the two exquisite statues that stand at the entrance of the temple of Amenhotep III. Of course, your guide shows you these statues. Then, he gives you free time to take a picture.
- Further, you head to the beautiful temple of Queen Hatshepsut. It is the great temple that lies in Deir el-Bahary. The Ancient Egyptian builders cut it amazingly into the rock, and it consists of three floors. Around this temple, you will see all sorts of tombs and other temples. Next to the temple of Hatshepsut lie the temples of Thutmose III and Amenhotep Neb Hept Ra. Once again, your guide provides information and free time to inspect the place.
- Onwards, the next point of this program will allow you to watch how artisans prepare statues in antiquity. Indeed, you can get an idea about this handicraft work in the alabaster factory.
- Finally, our bus leaves back to Hurghada after such a fantastic sightseeing trip to the beautiful city of Luxor.
- This Excursion to Dendera & Luxor from Hurghada ends at approximately 22:00.
What does the Price of Dendera & Luxor Excursion Hurghada Include?
- Tickets for visiting temples.
- Also, Transfer to Luxor and back to the hotel.
What does not Program of Dendera & Luxor Excursion Hurghada include?
- Additional excursion programs.
- Also, Drinks.
What to take with you for the trip?
- Breakfast box.
- Also, put suitable clothes for the season.
Dendera & Luxor Excursion Hurghada Booking Days
- Sunday from 04:00 – 20:00.
- Tuesday from 04:00 – 20:00.
- Also, Thursday from 04:00 – 20:00.
What is Expected to See during Excursion to Dendera & Luxor from Hurghada?
Monuments in Dendera
- The temple complex displays a scene of the long history of Egypt. This fantastic complex reveals a lot about this history. When we follow this complex history, we will find out that the Ancient Egyptians first built it. In other words, the first buildings date back to the Ancient Egyptian period. Also, we can notice that the Greek and Roman rulers contributed widely to the construction of the significant remaining temples.
Monuments in the eastern bank of River Nile
- The old name of this temple is Ipet-isut means “the most sacred of places”. It is the largest temple complex in the ancient world. Amazingly, it represents the combined achievement of many generations of ancient builders and pharaohs.
- Continuously, the building of this complex temple lasted over more than two thousand years. It comprises three main temples, smaller enclosed temples, and several outer temples on 247 acres. Within the great Hypostyle Hall is an incredible forest of giant pillars.
- At El Deir El Bahary, Hatshepsut temple is this impressive temple dedicated to Queen Hatshepsut, the only female pharaoh. It is one of the most beautiful & best preserved of all of the temples of Ancient Egypt! Impressively, the temples of Hatshepsut rises out in the desert with a series of terraces. Also, it merges apparently with the sheer limestone cliffs that surround it.
- Two massive mono stone statues of king Amenhotep III are the significant remains of a vast mortuary temple.