Luxor Dendera Excursion Hurghada is a sightseeing excursion to Dendera & Luxor from the resort of Hurghada, Egypt! We recommend the trip because it allows tourists to see attractions in two cities. These monuments date back to two eras of Egyptian history: Ancient Egypt and the Roman Empire. It enables a significant portion of joy and learning more about the country’s history.
Highlights on the Day Tour from Hurghada to Dendera & Luxor Excursion
- See the Karnak temple in eastern Luxor.
- Lunch at a restaurant by the Nile River.
- The Colossi of Memnon in the Temple of Amenhotep III.
- Temple of Queen Hatshepsut in the Western Luxor.
- Also, discover the temple of goddess Hathor in Dendera.
Program of Dendera & Luxor Tour
- First, the Landious Travel representative will pick you up from the hotel in Hurghada around 04:00 a.m.
- Secondly, after taking all comers, the bus will be direct to the city of Qena, passing the town of Safaga. The resort town of Safaga lies 45 miles south of Hurghada on the Red Sea coast. At the same time, Qena lies 220 km away in the Nile Valley. Accordingly, from the centre of Hurghada to Qena will take about 3 hours.
Schedule in Qena
- Once you arrive at the city of Qena, you will start a visit to the temple of the goddess Hathor. This temple impressively stands in Dendera – a village near Qena. It is a complex of temples and buildings. Your guide will begin with an explanation of the place. Then he will show you the frequently visited sites of this large complex. The complex itself contains different temples and buildings. Your guide will have a task to show you all these temples and give you free time to take pictures.
Agenda in Eastern Luxor
- Then, you will head to the city of Luxor. The way from Dendera to Luxor will take half an hour. Your tour guide will show you the Karnak temple when you arrive in Luxor. The Karnak temple is the largest in Egypt and the whole world. The temple exists in the city of living – Eastern Luxor. Next, your tour guide starts the explanation of the temple. Then, he will show you the frequently visited places of this large complex. It is noteworthy that this complex itself contains different temples and buildings. Your guide will have a task to show you all these temples and give you free time to take pictures.
- Following the visit to the Karnak temple in Eastern Luxor, you will do the shopping for a bit of time.
- Then, you start a boat picnic through the Nile with a visit to Banana Island. It is an additional program; you can order it through us in advance! Once the Nile picnic ends, you will find yourself in Western Luxor – the City of the Dead.
Timetable in Western Luxor
- In Western Luxor, the trip continues with a visit to the Colossi of Memnon. These Colossi are the two exquisite statues that stand at the entrance of the temple of Amenhotep III. Of course, your guide shows you these statues. Then, he gives you free time to take a picture.
- Further, you head to the beautiful temple of Queen Hatshepsut. It is the great temple that lies in Deir el-Bahary. The Ancient Egyptian builders cut it amazingly into the rock, consisting of three floors. Around this temple, you will see all sorts of tombs and other temples. Next to the temple of Hatshepsut lie the temples of Thutmose III and Amenhotep Neb Hept Ra. Once again, your guide provides information and free time to inspect the place.
- Onwards, the next point of this program will allow you to watch how artisans prepare statues in antiquity. Indeed, you can get an idea about this handicraft work in the alabaster factory.
- Finally, our bus returns to Hurghada after a fantastic sightseeing trip to the beautiful city of Luxor.
- This Excursion to Dendera & Luxor from Hurghada ends at approximately 22:00.
What Does the Price of Dendera & Luxor Excursion Hurghada Include?
- Tickets for visiting temples.
- Also, Transfer to Luxor and back to the hotel.
What does not the Program of Dendera & Luxor Excursion Hurghada include?
- Additional excursion programs.
- Also, Drinks.
Items to take with you for the trip
- Breakfast box.
- Also, put on suitable clothes for the season.
Dendera & Luxor Excursion Hurghada Booking Days
- Sunday from 04:00 – 20:00.
- Tuesday from 04:00 – 20:00.
- Also, Thursday from 04:00 – 20:00.
What is Expected to See during Excursion to Dendera & Luxor from Hurghada?
Monuments in Dendera
- The temple complex displays a scene of the long history of Egypt. This fantastic complex reveals a lot about this history. Following this complex history, we will discover the Ancient Egyptians built it. In other words, the first buildings date back to the Ancient Egyptian period. Also, we can notice that the Greek and Roman rulers contributed widely to the construction of the significant remaining temples.
Monuments on the eastern bank of the River Nile
- This temple’s old name is Ipet-isut, which means “the most sacred of places”. It is the largest temple complex in the ancient world. Amazingly, it represents the achievement of many generations of ancient builders and pharaohs.
- Continuously building this complex temple lasted more than two thousand years. It comprises three main temples, smaller enclosed temples, and several outer temples on 247 acres. Within the great Hypostyle Hall is an incredible forest of giant pillars.
- At El Deir El Bahary, Hatshepsut temple is an impressive temple dedicated to Queen Hatshepsut, the only female pharaoh. It is one of the most beautiful & best preserved of all of the temples of Ancient Egypt! Impressively, the temples of Hatshepsut rise out in the desert with a series of terraces. Also, it merges apparently with the sheer limestone cliffs that surround it.
Also, Colossi of Memnon
- The significant remains of a vast mortuary temple are two massive mono-stone statues of King Amenhotep III.