Wadi El Rayan Faiyum Trip Cairo is an extraordinarily active one-day excursion to see the monuments of Al Faiyum from Cairo, Egypt! Genuinely, it is one of the most exceptional Cairo excursions where you can enjoy nature! We recommend the tour because it lets you see the most impressive sights Al-Fayoum has. Otherwise, it enables you to enjoy nature, as well! This trip will also include exploring Wadi Al Rayan’s naturally preserved areas with its striking and beautiful waterfalls in the middle of the desert. For this reason, we encourage you to schedule this tour and allow yourself to enjoy the picturesque and captivating nature Of Faiyum.
Highlights of Faiyum & Wadi El Rayan Trip from Cairo
- Visiting Faiyum Oasis.
- Visiting Karanis monuments.
- Horse carriage ride.
- Watch the water wheel.
- Exploring Lake Qaroun.
- Also, visiting Wadi Al Rayan.
Program of Wadi El Rayan Faiyum Trip Cairo
- Embark on a full-day private tour to Al-Fayoum with us and experience the wonders of nature, history, and wildlife in an ancient oasis beyond the typical Cairo sights. Our journey begins with a pickup from your hotel in Cairo at around 07:00 am by our Landious Travel representative.
- During the approximately 2-hour bus ride to Al Faiyum, you can enjoy the beautiful scenery of Cairo’s outskirts. Once we arrive at Al Faiyum, our first stop is at Karanis, where you can explore the ruins of this ancient city, including several monuments that date back to the Roman period, the Coptic era, and the early Islamic period.
- Next, we will take a horse carriage to see the famous water wheels that have been running since the Ptolemaic era. Then, we’ll head to Lake Qaroun, one of the world’s oldest natural lakes and the third-largest lake in Egypt, where you can spot several stunning birds that thrive at the edge of this salty lake, from black-necked grebes to ibis and flamingos.
- Our excursion continues with a visit to the local museum, where you can see stunning examples of Fayoum’s mummy portraits and cloth panel paintings with a distinctive Greco-Roman influence. While exploring the museum with your guide, you can learn about local history and culture and not miss the remarkable statues collection from regional archaeological sites.
- Afterwards, we will stop at a local restaurant for an Egyptian-style lunch before heading to Wadi El-Rayan, a nature reserve officially declared by the Egyptian government in 1989. Here, you can witness the artificial waterfalls in the middle of the desert and take a scenic trip on a felucca, a wooden sailing boat with an elegant, gaff-rigged sail.
- Finally, we will escort you back to Cairo after an exciting trip to Faiyum Oasis, which is expected to end at approximately 22:00. Meet your guide at your Cairo hotel, and enjoy a comfortable and safe trip to explore the wonders of Al-Fayoum with us.
What does the Price of the Faiyum & Wadi El Rayan Trip from Cairo Include?
- Entrance tickets.
- Also, Transfer to the monastery and back to your hotel.
What does not the Program of Faiyum & Wadi El Rayan Trip Cairo include?
- Additional excursion programs.
Items to take with you for the trip
- Also, bring suitable clothes for the season.
Faiyum & Wadi El Rayan Trip Booking Days
- Daily from 07:00 – 22:00.
Information about the Visited Places during Faiyum & Wadi El Rayan Trip Cairo
- Faiyum is the immense Egyptian Oasis and one of the Egyptian provinces. The governorate of El Faiyum has an agricultural nature. In Ancient Egypt, the crocodile god Sobek was the national deity. Its modern civilisation started during Mohammed Ali Pasha about 200 years ago, who directed many reforms to the infrastructure.
- Wadi El Rayan is a unique nature protectorate in the western desert, about 42 meters under sea level. Plus, it consists of two lakes formed by waterfalls. In 1970, an overflow of drainage water from the farmlands in Faiyum created those waterfalls. Presently, the waterfalls paint a spectacular view! In general, these waterfalls are the only ones in Egypt.