- Location of Safaga City
- History of Safaga
- Administrative Divisions of the City
- Safaga Attractions
- Safaga Activities
- History-Related and Sightseeing Activities in Safaga
- Snorkelling Activities in Safaga
- Diving Activities in Safaga
- Fishing Activities
- Sea-Related Activities in Safaga
- Water Sports Activities in Safaga
- Desert Safari Activities
- Horse Riding Activities in Safaga
- City Touring Activities in Safaga
- Beauty and Wellness Activities
- Entertainment and Fun Activities in Safaga
Location of Safaga City
History of Safaga
Administrative Divisions of the City
- Sahel Hasheesh is the most northern part of the city.
- Makadi Bay.
- Soma Bay.
- Also, Port Safaga is the city centre and the old part of the city.
Makadi Bay District
The luxurious resort of Makadi Bay sets in a stunning natural bay on the red sea coast. Also, the place is famous for sandy beaches suitable for swimming and snorkelling. Indeed, this bay is one of the most exquisitely beautiful places one can visit. Hotels studded with the place so that you can choose from over 20 hotel complexes that are located directly on the sandy beach. Makadi Bay district notably offers tranquillity and peace of mind to all tourists like no other town in Egypt. This area is a beautiful beach getaway destination on the Red Sea Riviera -one of the fantastic districts of Safaga city.
Safaga City is an ideal resort to spend time on. It exists on the coast of the Red Sea, and a vast desert surrounds it. This city has yearlong sunshine, incredible beaches and crystal-like seawater. In addition, it has countless exciting attractions to explore. For ideas, see our list of the top tourist attractions and places to visit in Safaga:
- Utopia Island.
- Also, Sharm El Naga Beach.
At the same time, its closeness to Hurghada makes it possible to visit the nearby attractions located in this place. The following list provides an idea about these attractions:
- Abdulmoneim Riadh Mosque.
- El-Mina Grand Mosque.
- Church of St. Mary.
- Hurghada Marina Boulevard.
- Fish Market.
- Fruit Market.
- Marine Port.
- Giftun Islands.
- Hurghada Grand Aquarium.
- Jungle Aqua Park.
- Sand City.
- Mini Egypt.
- Hard Rock Café.
- Also, Little Buddha.
Safaga is famous for its coral reefs, islands and entertainments. Generally, many tourists visit it annually to enjoy snorkelling and diving. For the sake of the sea and sun, trips head from Safaga to various tourist destinations. Also, these trips go far to Cairo and Luxor. On the other hand, these trips arrive from Hurghada and Marsa Alam to the place.
So, here’s a comprehensive list of the activities and things to do in Safaga, Egypt. For your convenience, we have grouped these entries into the following five basic categories:
- History Related/Sightseeing in Safaga.
- Snorkelling in Safaga.
- Diving in Safaga.
- Sea Related Activities.
- Water Sports/Water-Related Activities.
- Also, Fun and Entertainments in Safaga.
History-Related and Sightseeing Activities in Safaga
Safaga locates 516 km from Cairo and 246 km from Luxor. For sure, this unique location makes it possible to do some history-related activities and sightseeing tours. Also, it enables tourists to visit the monuments and attractions in Luxor, Sohag, El-Minya, Qena, Aswan, Cairo, Giza, Alexandria etc.
The following is a list of the activities tourists can choose. This list provides both the destination and the means of transportation you can use to get to the place:
- Individual Trip to Luxor from Hurghada.
- Excursion to Cairo-Giza from Hurghada.
- Individual Trip to El-Minya from Hurghada.
- Trip to Monastery of St. Anthony from Hurghada.
- Private Trip to Cairo from Hurghada by plane.
- Individual Trip to Abydos – Sohag from Hurghada.
- Excursion Luxor- Valley of the kings from Hurghada.
- Individual Trip to Abydos – Dendera from Hurghada.
- Two-Days Trip to Cairo from Hurghada – Old Cairo.
- Individual trip to Dendera – Luxor from Hurghada.
- Bus Trip to Cairo-Alexandria from Hurghada.
- Individual Excursion Cairo from Hurghada.
- Day Trip to Dendera – Luxor from Hurghada.
- Also, Trip Luxor – Valley of Queens by Bus from Hurghada.
Snorkelling Activities in Safaga
Snorkelling is a popular recreational activity in Egypt, particularly at the tropical resort of Safaga. The primary appeal to this activity is the opportunity to observe underwater life in a natural setting without the complicated equipment and training required for scuba diving. It appeals to all ages because of the little effort needed.
Please, read through the following list of the sea activities and trips in Safaga:
- Individual Trip to Sharm El-Naga from Hurghada.
- Excursion Super Utopia from Hurghada.
- Private Speedboat to Dolphin Bay from Hurghada.
- Sea trip to El-Gouna from Hurghada.
- Private Speedboat to Orange Bay in Hurghada.
- Excursion to Orange Bay in Hurghada.
- A fishing trip in Hurghada.
- Excursion to Abu Dabab Beach from Hurghada.
- Boat trip to Mahmya Island-Beach from Hurghada.
- Excursion Super Gouna from Hurghada.
- Boat trip to the Dolphin House in Hurghada.
- Excursion to Giftun island in Hurghada.
- Also, Snorkeling trip to Paradise Island-Beach in Hurghada.
Diving Activities in Safaga
Diving is one of Safaga’s popular sea activities. It lets you fully explore and experience the exquisiteness of the Red Sea. The city offers tourists several exciting options to do such an activity. These options vary widely in the destination they head to and the location they take place on. For example, diving can take place on the beach or in the open sea. On the other hand, divers practise it in various sea sites with a colourful marine world.
For more details about diving in the open sea, you can check the following activity:
Fishing is one of the satisfying hobbies and activities tourists practice in Safaga. This recreational and sport activity is primarily for pleasure or competition purposes. The most common form of recreational fishing uses a rod, reel, line and hooks. It also uses a wide range of baits or lures, such as artificial flies. Angling is the practice of catching or attempting to catch fish with a hook.
In Safaga, the most familiar type of angling is the one that uses line and hook. While the one which uses rod and reel is more professionally; and comes in second place.
The following fishing activities you can enjoy in Safaga:
Sea-Related Activities in Safaga
Safaga offers tourists who enjoy watching coral reefs and fish without getting their feet into the water.
To get more details on these sea-related activities, discover the following options:
Water Sports Activities in Safaga
We make a focus on the type of water sports which you can do on the sea. We classify the other types of water sports under different categories on our site.
Safaga offers a wide range of water sports to the tourists holidaying in. In general, tourists can enjoy this kind of activity in all Safaga hotels. Parasailing is the most fun activity for tourists:
Desert Safari Activities
Desert Safari is one exciting activity you should add to your plan list if you’re going to stay in Safaga. This safari activity combines all the fun and adventures you can enjoy in the desert. Desert safari trips range widely from being a simple camel ride to buggy driving. Hurghada offers some safari activities, e.g. camel riding, horse riding, quad biking, jeep riding, and buggy.
The following types of desert safari activities you can enjoy while holidaying in Safaga:
Horse Riding Activities in Safaga
Horse riding is a favourite sport and activity in Safaga. For pleasure, the city offers you two options for horse riding. Equally, it provides this recreational activity in two environments: seaside and desert. These two options vary according to the location where you can do the horse riding in. Some tourists prefer to practise this sport by the sea and ride a horse in the ocean itself. However, other tourists like to enjoy that sport in a land environment – the desert.
If you like to enjoy horse riding in Hurghada, you can check the following activity:
City Touring Activities in Safaga
The city tour is an activity of discovering the attractions and the place around you. Indeed, tourists can do such an enjoyable activity in Safaga. This resort offers you many attractions and places to visit. These attractions are all of the modern styles.
Generally, city tours head to the most famous attractions in Hurghada. There are the marine platforms, the old marine port, the Coptic Church and Muslim mosques among these attractions. Also, these city tours get to the fruit and the fish markets.
The following are the city touring activities you can do starting from Safaga:
Beauty and Wellness Activities
Safaga offers excellent solutions to all those who want to take care of their health. For fortune, there are some spas in this city where tourists can enjoy body care procedures.
The following is one of the best solutions Safaga offers:
Entertainment and Fun Activities in Safaga
Safaga is a fun city. Indeed, this city has a lot of entertainment activities to provide for you. Of course, you can find several aqua parks, aquariums, dolphinariums, and other places to see.
The following is a sample of the activities you can enjoy while holidaying in Safaga: